My traumatic birth and mental health

I was born in an emergency cesarean section after a difficult labor that left me with lifelong emotional trauma. Although it happened many years ago, I still struggle with emotional triggers and negative feelings about the experience.

I’ve been in therapy for a long time to address my mental health issues stemming from my early delivery. Despite working through difficult moments, I have found peace of mind by focusing on the positives and growing healthier coping mechanisms as part of my healing journey.

It’s been challenging looking at hidden parts of myself but I’m no longer afraid of digging deeper or asking tough questions. Self-reflection has become part of my everyday life and it helps me maintain balance when things get rough. Speaking to friends and family members who understand also matters a lot in tough times.

Whatever you’re facing in life, self-care is incredibly important - it can really make a difference! Looking after our mental wellbeing is crucial to feeling better, so don’t be afraid to reach out for help if you need it.

Hi there,

It sounds like you have been through a lot, and it’s certainly not easy to process the emotional trauma that comes with a difficult labor. I’m so sorry to hear about everything you’ve experienced.

Finding peace and balance can be an ongoing process, but I’m glad to hear you have found effective ways of dealing with your mental health issues. Self-reflection is an important practice when it comes to processing what has happened in the past - challenging moments don’t have to define us, but they can help us grow and take care of ourselves if we’re willing to take the time to sit with our feelings. It takes courage and strength to explore these parts of ourselves, so give yourself credit for going on this journey and seeking out healthy coping mechanisms.

It’s also beneficial to reach out for support from friends or family members who understand what you’re going through - making connections and having someone by your side when things get tough can provide great comfort. At the same time though, it’s just as important to focus on your own self-care too! Take the time and space you need for yourself; doing something that brings you joy or simply taking a few deep breaths can make a big difference in turning your day around