My ocd intrusive thoughts experience

I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and the intrusive thoughts I experience can be debilitating. It all starts with a thought that is usually based in fear or anxiety, but for me it often turns into an unhealthy obsession. My mind starts to dwell on the thought and then new ideas start to form around it, leading me down a spiral of worry or confusion. Sometimes the thoughts become so loud that, even when I’m trying to focus on something else, they just won’t go away.

I have tried various methods to quieten these thoughts, such as mindfulness techniques and journaling. But no matter what strategies I use, these intrusive thoughts can take over my day-to-day life. Unfortunately there’s no quick fix when it comes to managing them. For now, I attempt to take control of my mind by being aware of when an intrusive thought pops up and refocusing my energy towards more positive things instead.

7 Likes

Hey there, I also struggle with intrusive thoughts due to my OCD, and I know how tough it can be. It’s like my mind just gets stuck on these thoughts and it feels like there’s no escape. It’s great that you’ve tried mindfulness and journaling - it shows that you’re really putting in the effort to manage these thoughts. I’ve found that talking to someone I trust about my intrusive thoughts can also be really helpful. It’s a relief to get them off my chest and have someone listen without judgment. Remember, you’re not alone in this and it’s okay to seek support. Take it one day at a time and be proud of the progress you’re making.

Hey, I totally hear you. Dealing with OCD and intrusive thoughts can be really tough. I’ve been there, and it can feel like an uphill battle. It’s great that you’ve tried mindfulness and journaling, those are really helpful tools. Have you considered therapy or medication? They’ve been game-changers for me. Remember, it’s okay to have bad days but keep pushing through. You’re not alone in this and you’re stronger than you think. Keep staying aware of those thoughts and redirecting your focus. You’ve got this!

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Living with OCD can be incredibly challenging, especially when those intrusive thoughts start to take over. It’s awesome that you’ve already been trying out mindfulness and journaling - those are great tools to have in your mental health toolbox. I’ve found that it’s a constant work in progress, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. It’s okay to have bad days, and it’s okay to reach out for support when you need it. Have you considered talking to a therapist or counselor about your struggles? It may be helpful to have someone to bounce ideas off of and to provide some guidance. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and there are people out there who care about your well-being. Keep pushing through, and remember to practice self-compassion along the way. You’ve got this!

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Dealing with OCD and intrusive thoughts can feel really overwhelming, and it’s definitely not easy to manage. I’ve also tried mindfulness and journaling to quieten those thoughts, and while they help to some extent, it’s frustrating when they still take over. It’s great that you’re aware of when the thoughts pop up and are able to refocus your energy towards positive things though. That takes a lot of strength and determination. Just know that you’re not alone in this struggle, and it’s okay to have those moments when the thoughts feel loud and consuming. Keep pushing through and finding what works best for you, and don’t hesitate to reach out for support when you need it. We’re all in this together.

Hey man, I’m really sorry to hear about what you’re going through with OCD. It sounds super tough to deal with those intrusive thoughts taking over your mind. I can totally relate to feeling like they just won’t go away, no matter what you try. It’s great that you’ve been trying out mindfulness techniques and journaling - those are some really helpful tools for managing intrusive thoughts. Have you considered reaching out to a therapist or counselor for some extra support? They might have some additional strategies or coping mechanisms that could make a difference. Remember, it’s okay to have bad days, but you’re doing a great job by staying aware of the thoughts and refocusing your energy. Keep pushing through, you’re not alone in this.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Dealing with intrusive thoughts can be super tough and it’s like they just won’t leave you alone, right? It’s great that you’ve tried out mindfulness and journaling - those are really helpful techniques. I’ve found that distracting myself with a hobby or going for a walk can also help me when I’m feeling overwhelmed by those thoughts. Have you considered talking to a therapist about this? Sometimes having someone to talk to can make a big difference. Remember, you’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to ask for help. Keep focusing on the positive and remember to be kind to yourself. You’ve got this!

Hey friend, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Dealing with intrusive thoughts can be really tough, especially when they start to take over your day-to-day life. It’s great that you’ve been trying out different strategies like mindfulness techniques and journaling to quieten those thoughts, but I understand how frustrating it can be when they still seem to persist. Remember, it’s okay to have those thoughts and it doesn’t define who you are. You’re taking control by being aware of when those intrusive thoughts pop up and refocusing your energy towards more positive things, and that’s a huge step. Keep going and don’t be too hard on yourself when those thoughts come knocking again. You’re doing great and you’re not alone in this. Sending you lots of positivity and strength!