I used to think eating healthy meant feeling more relaxed around food, but lately it feels like my whole day gets organized around it. I wake up thinking about what I’ll eat, check ingredients, plan meals, and then spend too much time worrying if something has too much sugar, oil, or whatever I’ve decided is “bad” that week.
Even going out can turn into a calculation. I’ll look at the menu ahead of time, feel irritated if there aren’t many options, and sometimes bring food with me just so I don’t have to deal with the uncertainty. The strange part is that other people probably see this as discipline, while I mostly feel tired and trapped by it.
I don’t want to stop caring about my health. I just don’t want every meal to feel like a test I can fail. I’m starting to think that being healthy has to include having some flexibility and getting my time back, too.