What To Do When the Workout You Love Starts To Cause You Anxiety

This article really resonated with me, as I’ve had a similar experience. I started working out with the intention of getting fit and feeling better, but it ended up having the opposite effect. It’s kind of ironic, but it’s true that exercise causes anxiety for some of us.

When I first started my workout routine, I felt an immense amount of pressure to perform well and look a certain way. I was constantly comparing myself to others and feeling inadequate. I was also feeling guilty for not being able to push myself hard enough. All of these feelings led to me feeling overwhelmed and anxious.

It took me a while to realize that I was putting too much pressure on myself and that it was hindering my progress. Once I changed my attitude and focused more on enjoying my exercise rather than trying to achieve perfection, my anxiety levels decreased significantly.

It’s important for people to recognize that exercise can cause anxiety and to take steps to combat it. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, it’s okay to take a break or to switch up your routine. Listen to your body and be kind to yourself.