Trying to find mental health and addictions help in new glasgow

I’m trying to find mental health and addictions support in New Glasgow and keep getting bounced between different services. I’m not looking for anything fancy, just someone who can explain where to start and what options are actually available locally.

I’ve checked online, but a lot of the information is either outdated or unclear about whether I need a referral. If anyone has used a local program or knows who to contact first, I’d appreciate the direction.

1 Like

@Sylvia_Davis, getting passed from one service to another is exhausting, especially when the websites don’t say clearly whether a referral is needed. I’d start by calling Nova Scotia Health’s Mental Health and Addictions intake line and asking them to confirm the current New Glasgow options and referral process.

When I was trying to sort out local support, I wrote down the names of everyone I spoke with and asked each person who was responsible for the next step. That helped stop me from having to explain everything from scratch each time.

1 Like

Writing down who said what is a smart move. I’ve had calls where the details seem to vanish as soon as the next person picks up, so keeping a simple record can save a lot of frustration.

I’d probably add the date, phone number, and any promised follow-up too. If nobody calls back, having that information makes it easier to check in without starting over.