Stress has been getting harder to shut off lately. Even when nothing is actively wrong, my brain keeps running through problems and worst-case scenarios. I’ve been trying to take breaks from my phone and go for short walks, which helps a little, but the calm doesn’t always last. Lately I’m just trying to notice when I’m spiraling before it takes over.
Catching the spiral early is such a useful thing to notice, even if it doesn’t stop it right away. I’ve found that naming the specific worry helps me separate an actual task from a bunch of imagined outcomes.
Short walks help me too, especially when I leave my phone behind. One time I came back still stressed, but less tangled up in it, which was enough to handle the next thing.
Noticing the spiral before it takes over sounds like a useful shift, even if the stress still comes back. I’ve found that the first warning sign for me is often getting stuck on the same thought without actually solving anything.
The short walks seem worth keeping, especially since they give you at least a little relief. Do you notice any difference when you walk at a particular time, or when you leave your phone behind completely?