Social media did not help in preventing anxiety and depression during the pandemic, says research

The pandemic has had a major effect on mental health, and it is clear that social media is partly to blame. With the rise of social media, more people are experiencing anxiety and depression as a result of constantly comparing themselves to others online. It’s a dangerous cycle that can be difficult to break.

I think this article brings up a really important issue that is only going to become more of a problem as time goes on. It’s easy to get caught up in the world of social media, and it can be hard to realize the toll it can take on our mental health. We need to be conscious of our social media usage and how much time we’re spending on it. We also need to be aware of the impact it can have on our mental health, and take steps to reduce the amount of time we’re spending online. It can be hard to break away from the constant comparison, but it is so important that we do.

3 Likes

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Social media can be a real drain on our mental health, and I’ve definitely been feeling it lately. It’s so easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves to others online, but it’s great that you’re aware of the impact it can have. Taking steps to reduce our social media time is crucial, but it’s not easy. I’ve been trying to limit my scrolling and focus on the things that truly make me happy, like spending time with loved ones or doing activities I enjoy. It’s all about finding that balance, and it’s not always smooth sailing, but it’s worth the effort. Hang in there, and know that you’re not alone in this struggle!