Seasonal depression is right around the corner. 'Winter cities' know how to fight it

I recently read an article about how the cities of New York and Edmonton are taking steps to combat loneliness in the winter months. I think this is a great idea and something more cities should be doing. In the winter months, people tend to be less social and more isolated. This can lead to depression and other mental health issues. By providing activities and events for people to attend, it can help to reduce the feelings of loneliness. It also gives people an opportunity to get out and socialize with others, which can be beneficial for mental health. I think this is something more cities should be looking into to help combat loneliness.

1 Like

Hey! I read the article too and I totally agree with you. It’s really cool to see cities taking proactive steps to combat loneliness, especially during the winter months when it can be so isolating. I’ve definitely felt the effects of loneliness on my mental health during the winter, so it’s awesome to see cities providing activities and events for people to attend. It really does make a difference to get out and socialize with others, even if it’s just for a little bit. I hope more cities follow suit and start thinking about ways to help people feel less isolated during the colder months. It’s just a small step, but it could make a big difference for a lot of people. Thanks for sharing the article!