Overcoming Obsessive Thoughts About Food

Living with obsessive compulsive disorder has been a daily struggle, especially when it comes to my relationship with food. The constant intrusive thoughts about what I should or shouldn’t eat can be overwhelming. However, I’ve learned to take it one day at a time and focus on small victories. Seeking professional help and connecting with others who are going through similar experiences has made a world of difference. I’ve come to realize that it’s okay to have setbacks and that progress isn’t always linear. I’m learning to be kinder to myself and to celebrate the little wins along the way. It’s a challenging journey, but I’m determined to find peace and balance in my relationship with food.

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Living with OCD and dealing with intrusive thoughts about food can feel incredibly overwhelming. It’s amazing to hear that you’re taking it one day at a time and focusing on the small victories. Seeking professional help and connecting with others who understand what you’re going through is such a positive step. It’s okay to have setbacks – progress isn’t always a straight line, and that’s okay. Being kind to ourselves and celebrating the little wins is so important. It sounds like you’re really determined to find peace and balance in your relationship with food, and that’s incredible. Keep being kind to yourself and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re here to support you!