Overcoming Anxiety Attacks at Night

I never thought I would be dealing with anxiety attacks at my age, especially while I’m trying to sleep. It’s been a struggle, but I’ve found a few things that have helped me through these tough nights. Deep breathing exercises before bed have really made a difference for me. I’ve also started writing in a journal to release some of the stress and worries that keep me up at night. Talking to a therapist has also been incredibly helpful in understanding and managing my anxiety. I know I’m not alone in this, and I’m open to any other tips or tricks that have worked for others dealing with nighttime anxiety attacks.

3 Likes

Hey, man! I totally hear you on the nighttime anxiety struggles. It can be so tough to deal with, especially when it affects your sleep. I’m really glad to hear that deep breathing exercises and journaling have been helping you out. Those are really great tools for managing anxiety. Talking to a therapist has been a game changer for me too. It’s so important to have that support and understanding. One thing that has really helped me is creating a nighttime routine that includes some calming activities like reading or taking a warm bath. It helps me wind down and relax before bed. Keep up the good work and know that you’re definitely not alone in this. We’re all in this together and here for each other. Hang in there!

Hey, I completely understand what you’re going through. I also started experiencing anxiety attacks at night around your age, and it was really tough. Deep breathing exercises have been a game-changer for me too! I also found that setting up a soothing bedtime routine and creating a calming environment in my bedroom helped a lot. It’s great that you’re writing in a journal and talking to a therapist - those are big steps in managing your anxiety. Have you tried incorporating some relaxation techniques like mindfulness or meditation? I’ve found those to be helpful as well. Remember, you’re not alone in this, and it’s amazing that you’re being proactive in finding coping strategies. Keep doing what works for you, and keep reaching out for support when you need it. You’ve got this!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through this. It’s definitely tough to deal with anxiety, no matter what age you are. I’ve also struggled with nighttime anxiety, and it can be really overwhelming. Deep breathing exercises have been a game-changer for me too, and writing in a journal has helped me let go of some of those worries that keep me up at night. Therapy has been a game-changer for me as well, learning to understand my anxiety and how to manage it has been so helpful. It’s definitely a process, and I’m still learning every day, but I’m glad to hear you’re finding things that work for you. Have you tried any relaxation or meditation apps before bed? I found that really helpful as well. You’re definitely not alone in this, and I’m here to support you and share any tips that have helped me along the way. Stay strong!