Navigating New Therapy for PTSD

As a 22-year-old man, I never thought I would be seeking therapy for PTSD. But here I am, trying to navigate this new journey towards healing. It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions, and there are days when I feel like giving up. However, I’ve also had moments of clarity and hope, where I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. This new therapy has brought out a mix of fear and excitement within me, but I’m trying to stay positive and open-minded about the process. I know it won’t be easy, but I’m willing to put in the work to overcome my struggles. I’m thankful for the support I’ve received from family and friends, and for the resources provided by this community. I know I’m not alone in this, and that gives me strength to keep moving forward.

1 Like

Hey, I hear you. I may be a bit older than you, but I can definitely relate to the mix of emotions that come with seeking therapy for PTSD. It’s okay to feel scared and excited at the same time - I think that just shows how brave you are for taking this step. I’m glad to hear you have a support system in place, and that you’re willing to put in the work to overcome your struggles. It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. Keep holding onto those moments of clarity and hope, and remember that it’s okay to have rough days too. Just take it one step at a time, and know that you’re not alone. We’re all here rooting for you. It’s a tough road, but you’ve already shown so much strength. Keep moving forward, and don’t forget to celebrate the small victories along the way.