Navigating Manic Anxiety at 18

Living with manic anxiety at 18 can feel overwhelming, but I’ve found some strategies that have helped me. Firstly, finding a support system has been crucial, whether it’s friends, family, or a therapist. Being able to talk about my feelings and experiences has been incredibly validating. Additionally, finding healthy coping mechanisms, such as exercise, journaling, and deep breathing exercises, has been essential in managing my symptoms. It’s also important to remember that I am not defined by my disorder; I am so much more than that. I have learned to show myself compassion and grace, and to celebrate my small victories. It’s not always easy, but I am determined to keep moving forward and not let my anxiety hold me back. To anyone else in a similar situation, know that you are not alone, and there is hope for a brighter future.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with managing manic anxiety. It’s so important to have a support system and find healthy coping mechanisms, and I’m glad you’ve found what works for you. I’m also in a similar situation and have found that talking about my feelings and experiences with a therapist has been really helpful. It’s definitely not easy, but I’ve learned to show myself compassion and celebrate the small victories too. Remember, you are so much more than your disorder, and you’re not alone in this. Keep moving forward and holding on to hope for a brighter future. Take care!