Navigating Continuous Traumatic Stress: My Story

I’ve been through a lot, and none of it has ever been easy. In fact, it’s been downright traumatic. It began in childhood with family problems that led to other issues throughout my life. I can honestly say the effects of those traumas have remained with me for so long.

At first, the best I could do was make the choice to just keep going - because giving up was not an option for me. But moving forward does not mean healing; I found myself constantly struggling with negative emotions and stuck in unhealthy patterns that felt like they would never end.

It wasn’t until much later in life when I realized that the hard times would not last forever - but dealing with them would require dedicated effort on my part. That’s when I began seeking out professional help and researching methods to better understand what was going on within me. And from these steps grew something remarkable: resilience.

The strength I found was enough to carry me through more difficult times than before without having a complete breakdown or relapse into old behaviors. More than anything it taught me to value myself and respect my limits while self-care became an integral part of my daily schedule - rather than something I did once in a while as ‘treat yourself’ days.

Though navigating continuous traumatic stress can be daunting, I believe no one should give up hope on themselves or their journey towards wellness - you never know what you’re capable of until you take the next step forward!