Navigating anxiety: my personal experience

Navigating anxiety can be a difficult journey. Over the years, I’ve been able to work on tools that help me cope with it. One of the most beneficial things I have done is to spend some time on my own self-care. Having small rituals like taking a walk or meditating has proven to be incredibly helpful in relieving anxious feelings. Additionally, I have found it very helpful to talk about how I am feeling with someone supportive who accepts me for who I am and doesn’t judge my experience. Knowing that there are people out there who understand what I’m going through gives me comfort when faced with anxiety. Finally, one of the most important things that helps many people manage their anxiety is having a routine and making sure you stick to it - this helps reduce uncertainty, which can be a major trigger for anxiety. It may not always feel easy but by finding a balance between self-acceptance and focusing on routines that keep me grounded, I am better equipped to manage my anxious thoughts more easily.

1 Like

I completely understand what you are saying about dealing with anxiety. As a 58-year-old, I’ve also had to find ways to cope. I find that self-care is important too, be it taking up yoga or just having 10 minutes out of my day to relax and unwind. The biggest thing that has helped me is having someone who I can talk openly and honestly with, allowing me express my anxieties without being judged. Talking it out really helps me get everything off my chest and make sense of how I’m feeling. Additionally, having a regular routine gives me a sense of stability which really helps in managing the anxious moments. It’s not always easy but by being aware of how I’m feeling and utilizing tools like self-care and routine it makes life easier.