My struggle with ocd

I feel like my life has been turned upside down since I began dealing with OCD. It often feels like a roller coaster ride - calm and peaceful moments are quickly replaced by intense stress, fear and anxiety. Life is no longer the same.

My intrusive thoughts are relentless and it’s an on-going battle to try to control them. That’s when the obsessive behaviors begin, where I find myself doing things, like repeating actions over and over or organizing my living space in a certain way, to the point of exhaustion.

I have learned there is no cure for OCD yet, which can be disheartening at times. I know that remission is possible but it takes patience, persistence and hard work. My therapist has been a huge help as she has guided me through various techniques to help manage my symptoms such as mindfulness meditation and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).

The truth is, not even my closest friends understand what it’s like to live with this disorder but I’m not alone. There are many of us out there learning how to take one day at a time as we become more aware of our triggers and reactions so we can cope better with our mental health condition. I’m making progress every day towards accepting myself just the way I am - OCD included!

2 Likes

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Dealing with OCD can be so exhausting and disheartening at times. But it’s really awesome that you’re working with a therapist and trying out different techniques to manage your symptoms. It takes a lot of courage and strength to keep pushing forward, especially when it feels like an uphill battle. I’ve also found mindfulness meditation and CBT super helpful in managing my own OCD. It’s true that there may not be a cure yet, but the fact that you’re making progress every day is something to be proud of. Remember, you’re not alone in this. There are so many of us out here figuring out how to cope with our mental health conditions and learning to accept ourselves just the way we are. Keep on fighting, and know that there’s a supportive community behind you every step of the way.

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Living with OCD can feel like a roller coaster - one minute everything’s calm and the next, it’s pure chaos. It’s exhausting, isn’t it? But it’s awesome that you’re working hard to manage your symptoms. I’ve found mindfulness meditation and CBT super helpful too. And yeah, it can be tough when people don’t understand what we’re going through, but you’re right, there are so many of us out there. We’re all in this together, learning to take things one day at a time. It’s great to hear that you’re making progress and accepting yourself. Keep up the hard work, we’ve got this!