My struggle with compulsive exercise

Lately, I’ve been struggling with compulsive exercise. It’s become something of an obsession for me and it never fails to consume my thoughts and my days. Each day, I find myself wanting to work out more and more. Even when my body is telling me to rest or take it easy, I push through and keep going. It’s hard for me to acknowledge that maybe I’m overdoing it or that I need a break.

I’m learning how to recognize the warning signs that I’m pushing myself too hard and give my body a chance to rest so it can restore itself. This involves listening to my body, focusing on good nutrition, getting enough sleep, drinking lots of water, and doing light exercise when I can feel myself slipping back into compulsive behavior.

I know that taking care of myself requires practice and patience but ultimately it will be worth it in the long run if helps me stay on top of staying healthy!

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I used to struggle with compulsive exercise too. It’s tough when you feel like you’re constantly pushing yourself to the limit. It’s great that you’re learning to recognize the warning signs and listening to your body. That’s a huge step in the right direction. Taking care of yourself is definitely a practice, and it’s awesome that you’re focusing on things like good nutrition, rest, and light exercise. Remember, it’s okay to give yourself permission to take a break and let your body restore itself. You’re doing great, and I’m here to support you every step of the way!