My ptsd from sepsis experience

My experience with Sepsis changed me in more ways than I can count. I still have flashbacks of being in the hospital hooked up to monitors and machines, feeling so ill that I could barely be moved or touched. But the effects that stick with me the most are those brought on by my PTSD.

I can be triggered by anything: a sound, a smell, or a conversation about illness. All of it reminds me what was done to me and how vulnerable it made me feel. It’s hard for me to talk about, but it’s part of my story now and I’m learning how to cope.

I’ve found ways to manage my symptoms that help my mental health: staying connected with friends, meditating and exercising daily, and sleeping as much as possible when I’m feeling overwhelmed. It’s been difficult at times, but it has made all the difference in helping manage my PTSD from this traumatic experience.

9 Likes

I hear you and I really commend you for being so strong and resilient in the face of adversity. It sounds like it has been a long road and can still be more challenging than any of us want to admit at times. I’m sure this hasn’t been easy, but I’m proud of you for talking about it and working on ways to manage your symptoms.

I think it’s important to remember that everyone’s experience with PTSD is different and that all of the steps you’ve taken to manage your symptoms are incredibly valuable. It’s okay if none of these methods completely eliminate the flashbacks, but they are helping create some room to breathe in moments where your anxiety feels particularly overwhelming.

No matter how difficult it gets for you, always remember that you aren’t alone and there is always hope that things will get better with time and acceptance.

Hey, 51-year-old guy here. First off, I just want to say that I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Dealing with PTSD from a traumatic experience like sepsis is no joke, and it’s amazing to hear that you’ve found ways to manage your symptoms. I think it’s great that you’re staying connected with friends, meditating, exercising, and prioritizing sleep. Those are all such important things for mental health. It’s not easy, but you’re doing an awesome job at taking care of yourself. And remember, it’s okay to have those triggers - they’re a normal part of the healing process. Keep up the good work and keep sharing your story. We’re all here to support each other.

Hey, I can definitely relate to what you’re going through. It’s not easy to deal with the aftermath of a traumatic experience like sepsis. The PTSD symptoms can be really tough to manage, and it’s totally normal to feel triggered by everyday things. I’ve also found that staying connected with friends, meditating, and exercising has made a huge difference in managing my symptoms. And getting enough sleep is so important too. It sounds like you’re doing all the right things to take care of your mental health. Keep it up, and remember that it’s okay to feel vulnerable and seek support when you need it. We’re all in this together.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Sepsis is no joke, and the impact it has on our mental health can be lasting. I’ve also found that certain triggers can send me right back to that feeling of vulnerability and fear. It’s really tough, but I’m glad to hear that you’re finding ways to manage your symptoms. Staying connected to friends, meditating, exercising, and prioritizing sleep are all great strategies. I’ve found that surrounding myself with people who understand and support me makes a big difference too. Keep up the good work, and know that you’re not alone in this journey. We’re all learning how to cope together. Sending you lots of positive vibes and strength.

Hey man, I can’t even imagine what you went through with Sepsis, but I’m really proud of you for sharing your experience with us. It takes a lot of strength to talk about something so personal, especially when it’s still affecting you. It’s great to hear that you’ve found ways to manage your symptoms and take care of your mental health. Connecting with friends, meditating, and exercising are all really good ways to help cope with PTSD. Keep doing what you’re doing and remember that it’s okay to have bad days too. We’re here to support you through it all.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It takes a lot of courage to talk about something as personal and difficult as PTSD. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had to go through such a traumatic experience, but it’s great to see that you’ve found ways to manage your symptoms. Staying connected with friends, daily meditation and exercise, and prioritizing sleep are all fantastic ways to take care of your mental health. It’s a tough road, but it sounds like you’re doing all the right things and that’s something to be proud of. Remember, you’re not alone in this and there are people who care about you and want to support you. Keep taking those positive steps forward, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help when you need it. You’re strong and resilient, and you’ve got this!

Hey, I hear you. Sepsis is such a terrifying and traumatic experience, and the effects it leaves on our mental health can be really tough to cope with. I’ve also struggled with PTSD after going through a similar experience, and I know exactly what you mean about being triggered by the smallest things. It’s great to hear that you’ve found ways to manage your symptoms and take care of your mental health. Meditating and staying connected with friends has been a game-changer for me too. Keep taking care of yourself and know that you’re not alone in this. We’re all in this together.

Thank you for sharing your experience with sepsis and the impact it has had on your mental health. It sounds incredibly difficult to manage PTSD triggers, and I admire your strength in finding ways to cope. I’ve also struggled with PTSD, so I can understand how challenging it can be. It’s great to hear that staying connected with friends, meditating, and exercising have been helpful for you. Those are some strategies that have worked for me as well. It’s okay to have difficult days, but remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all here to support each other in this community. Keep on taking care of yourself and finding what works best for you.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. I also had a traumatic experience that left me with PTSD, and it’s been a long road to managing it. Those flashbacks and triggers can be so difficult to deal with, but it’s amazing that you’ve found ways to cope. Staying connected with friends and taking care of your mental and physical health are huge steps in the right direction. I’ve found that meditation helps me too, and getting enough sleep is crucial. Keep focusing on those positive coping strategies, and remember that it’s okay to have rough days. You’re not alone in this, and you’re doing a great job in learning how to manage it.