My ocd experience

Recently, I’ve been discussing my OCD experience more openly in order to help shed some light on the complexity and struggles of living with this disorder. I was diagnosed with OCD when I was a young adult, and it has been a roller coaster ride ever since. Over the years, I have had many challenges that have tested my mental strength and resilience.

They can range from intrusive thoughts popping into my head at all hours of the day, to compulsion rituals of tapping four times before stepping out of an elevator or doorway that take significant energy and time away from my daily life. Despite these challenges being incredibly frustrating at times, it’s also taught me how to be more patient, kinder, and empathetic individual towards myself and others who might be struggling.

It’s an ongoing journey for me but one that is worth each step forward in hopes of finding balance within my mind and body. It sometimes feels like there’s no end in sight but I am learning that this process is filled with not only trials but rewards as well.

3 Likes

Hey, I’ve been dealing with OCD for most of my adult life, so I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s tough, but it’s also made me a more patient and empathetic person. I’ve had my fair share of frustrating moments dealing with intrusive thoughts and compulsions, but I’ve also learned to be kinder to myself and others who are struggling. It’s a constant battle, but I’m starting to see some rewards in the process. Hang in there, and know that you’re not alone. Keep focusing on finding that balance and taking each step forward - it’s worth it.

Hey, I totally understand what you’re going through. I also have OCD, and it can definitely be a roller coaster. It’s great that you’re open about your experiences, and it’s so important to shed light on the complexity of living with this disorder. I’ve had similar challenges with intrusive thoughts and ritualistic behaviors that can be really draining. But you’re right, it’s also taught me to be more patient and kind to myself and others. It’s a tough road, but every step forward is worth it in the quest for balance. Just remember, you’re not alone in this, and there are rewards along the way. Keep pushing forward!

Hey, I just wanted to say that you’re doing an amazing job at being open about your experiences with OCD. It’s not an easy thing to talk about, but by doing so, you’re helping to break down the stigma and show others that they’re not alone. I can relate to the intrusive thoughts and compulsions, and I know how draining it can be. But it’s also great to hear that you’ve found some positive lessons in the midst of the struggles. Remember to be kind to yourself and celebrate those small victories along the way. Finding that balance may seem like a distant goal, but you’re making progress every day. Keep pushing forward, and know that there are others out there rooting for you!