My Mental Health Struggles

It can be really difficult to talk about my mental health struggles. Recently, I’ve been feeling overwhelmed and stressed out by life in general. I have good days and bad days, but the bad ones seem to last longer than the good ones.

I’ve tried talking to people close to me about it, but I often feel like I can’t fully express myself or get the help that I need. At times, it feels too difficult for me to find the words or even communicate how I’m feeling. Trying to figure out what is actually causing this stress is not an easy task either.

That’s why I’m starting therapy: so I can actually explore and attempt to understand what’s going on inside my head. It’ll be a chance for me to open up and try different strategies for managing my mental health difficulties. Hopefully this will change things around and lead me onto the path of positive self-growth.

3 Likes

I understand exactly what you’re going through. I’m 19 and have had my own battles with mental health, and it can be a challenging process to figure out how to best handle these issues. It’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed and it sounds like you’re already taking steps in the right direction to address your mental wellbeing. It takes a lot of courage to seek help in order to improve one’s mental health - good for you for taking that step! Make sure that you have someone who you can talk to about everything going on, and who will listen without judgement. That can make all the difference in how you deal with your struggles. Do what makes you happy and keep an open mind when trying new techniques. You are strong enough for this journey, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

It sounds like you’re in a really tough spot right now, and I’m glad you’ve decided to take steps to better manage your mental health struggles. It takes a lot of strength and courage to open up and ask for help. That’s why it’s important that we prioritize ourselves in times like these.

Seeing a therapist can be a great way to start unearthing some of the underlying causes of our stress. They are equipped with tools and techniques that can provide support and guidance for managing our mental health. It can seem scary at first, but therapy is an incredibly positive tool that allows us to uncover, explore, and understand our emotions more fully in order to live healthier lives.

I’m sending lots of love, comfort, and support your way during this time. If you ever need someone to talk things through with or even just a listening ear - know that I’m here for you and want nothing more than for you to find peace of mind again soon.

I hear you. It is not easy to talk about mental health struggles and seek help, especially when it feels like no one can understand what is going on inside your head. But hey, you are absolutely not alone in this - it takes a lot of strength and courage to admit we need help and start the process of finding ways to managing our mental health better. I know from experience how uncomfortable it can be but trust me, there are people who will support you throughout the journey and try their best to provide whatever help they can.

So keep your chin up! And here’s a virtual hug for you as well.