My mental health obsessions

Right now my mind is consumed by worries about my mental health. I’m plagued with thoughts that everything is wrong with me - from the way I think and express myself to the decisions I make.

It’s exhausting. Every time I start to relax and have a good moment, these worries creep up and disrupt my well-being. No matter how hard I try to push them away, they come back when least expected.

I’m perfectly aware of how irrational my obsessions can be, but it’s not easy to ignore those inner voices that are screaming inside my mind telling me everything will never turn out ok and that nothing good will ever come out of this cycle of obsession and worry. It’s an endless loop that just won’t let up.

The worst part is realizing that this isn’t going away anytime soon. It’s an exhausting process every single day just trying to make sure I don’t break down because of something minor or insignificant that got out of hand in my head unnecessarily. How much more energy am I supposed to burn before I finally accept it as part of me and manage better?

I guess all we can do is keep trying in hopes our efforts ultimately pay off.

3 Likes

Hey, don’t worry - you’re not alone in this. It can be really hard dealing with these sorts of feelings, especially when it feels like the thoughts won’t stop coming and the anxiousness keeps building up.
I know it’s not easy to manage these kinds of worries, but don’t let that discourage you from trying. Just keep at it and take your time, eventually you’ll be able to figure out better ways to manage them. Taking breaks in between these worrying moments can help too.
In the end, we all have our own experiences and journeys with anxiety and mental health. You should never be ashamed of feeling overwhelmed or scared about your worries - remind yourself that anxiety isn’t something to ever be embarrassed about.
Know that there are lots of people out there who understand what you’re going through, so feel free to reach out if you need someone to talk to!

Hey,

I completely understand how crippling it can be when you’re consumed by worries about your mental health. It’s really tough to keep pushing away all these negative thoughts and feelings when they return again and again.

It’s understandable how difficult it is to accept that this feeling of anxiety and worry might not go away anytime soon, but I want you to remember that we are capable of managing our stress better no matter how hard life can get sometimes. You don’t need to worry about burning too much energy - taking care of yourself is always worth the effort!

We all have moments of uncertainty, but remember that even though we face difficulty in times like this, things don’t stay this way forever. Just takes one step at a time and hopefully your efforts will lead you to a place where you feel comfortable and secure in yourself.

Take care!

Hey, man, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s like no matter how hard we try, those negative thoughts just keep creeping back in. It’s exhausting, and sometimes it feels like there’s no end in sight. But hang in there, because you’re definitely not alone. Have you considered reaching out to a therapist or counselor? Talking to someone can really help lighten the load. And remember, these thoughts, as loud as they may seem, don’t define who we are. You’re stronger than them, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now. Keep pushing through, and little by little, things will start to get better. Sending you good vibes and positive energy! You got this.