My mental health journey with ptsd and other illnesses

My mental health journey has been a long, winding road. From the onset of my PTSD symptoms, to periods of depression and anxiety, I’ve had to stay vigilant in ensuring I’m taking care of myself first. It hasn’t always been easy, and there have been moments when it felt like I was stuck in a never ending tunnel. But I am lucky to have an amazing support network who have been there on every step of this journey and have helped me reach new heights of self-care.

The most important thing for me has been acknowledging that it’s ok to not be ok sometimes - that feeling overwhelmed is perfectly natural and can happen no matter how strong you feel. Being able to accept this has enabled me to take steps to better manage my illness, such as introducing daily mindfulness practices into my life or visiting the doctor when I need it most.

I’m still learning more about myself each day, but one thing is certain: no matter what happens, I can face any challenge head-on with courage and resilience if I listen to my body’s needs. My journey might not be ending anytime soon, but I know that just taking each day at a time will eventually bring peace and balance back into my life!

3 Likes

I hear you on the long and winding journey of dealing with mental health issues. It sounds like you’ve had quite a tough time, but it’s great to know that you have an amazing support network behind you. That kind of help can really make a huge difference!

For myself, I believe the key to staying on track is understanding that taking care of yourself must be your priority. It’s ok if we don’t feel 100% all the time - it’s part of being human. I try to take it one day at a time by incorporating self-care activities into my daily routine such as yoga, journaling or going for a walk in nature. It’s also important to reach out for help from professionals when needed - it doesn’t have to be a sign of weakness, but rather strength to recognize our own need for extra support.

No matter how challenging the road ahead may seem, remember that if we stay positive and take every day as a new opportunity, we will eventually reach inner balance and peace. Sending you good vibes and lots of strength!

It sounds like your mental health journey has been a real challenge and I commend you for having the courage to keep pressing on. Mental health is an incredibly personal thing and it’s understandable that it can feel overwhelming at times. It’s important to remember that everyone goes through their own unique journey and you can’t compare yourself to someone else. You have every right to take time for self-care whenever you need it, and having an amazing support network around you is invaluable during those times.

I’m also grateful that you’ve learned how to accept your feelings, as this is the first step in ensuring that your mental health needs are being met. Developing daily mindfulness practices have no doubt helped you immensely, along with seeking professional help when necessary. As long as you take each day step by step, soon enough your life will be back in balance with plenty of peace and joy!

I can relate to your challenging journey. As someone who has been living with anxiety for a number of years now, I’m all too familiar with the difficulty of navigating these rough patches and learning how to take care of yourself in the process.

Your support network is invaluable and an important reminder that you’re never truly alone, no matter how lonely or daunting it may feel. Even on my darkest days, I need to remind myself that I have people around me who care and are willing to help me out if I need it.

It’s so important to give yourself room to experience those not-so-okay days without any guilt or judgement. Being kind to yourself will always be the first step in managing any illness, whether mental or physical - listening to your body and mind is essential! It also doesn’t hurt to get help from outside sources when you need it - don’t be afraid to reach out for additional assistance when necessary.

Hoping you find solace and peace soon on this journey!

Hey there, I’m really sorry to hear what you’re going through. It’s understandable to feel like it’s never ending sometimes - mental health is a delicate and complex thing. But just remember that there is light at the end of this tunnel, and that each day is another opportunity for growth.

It’s so important to take care of yourself and take breaks when necessary, and it sounds like you have an amazing support system to help you get through the tough times. For me, staying connected with my loved ones and taking advantage of calming activities such as yoga or journaling has really helped with managing my mental health journey. And if things are getting hard to manage, don’t be afraid to reach out to your doctor or therapist for additional help. You deserve all the love and support in this world!