My mental health journey with jimin's eating disorder

Mental health is something I’ve been struggling with for a long time, and Jimin’s eating disorder has only made it harder. After years of watching him suffer with both anorexia nervosa and bulimia, I knew I had to take matters into my own hands and finally seek help for myself.

I started by talking to my doctor about medication but that didn’t do enough on its own. I also needed to find different ways of coping like stepping out of stressful situations or distracting myself from negative thoughts. Eventually, I started seeing a therapist who really helped me by providing the right kind of support and resources for dealing with stress in more positive ways.

Still, keeping up with treatments can be challenging now that we’re managing Jimin’s health as well. With therapy appointments all the time, it can be hard to find proper self-care. But I’m committed to staying on track and focusing on my mental well-being no matter how difficult things get.

Mental health is incredibly important—not just for our individual selves, but also those around us who rely on our strength. It’s okay (and necessary!) to put yourself first sometimes, so if you’re struggling with anxiety or depression please don’t hesitate to reach out for help.

1 Like

Hey, I hear you. Mental health struggles can really take a toll, especially when you’re also supporting a loved one going through their own challenges. It’s great that you took the step to seek help for yourself. Medication and therapy can definitely be game-changers, but I totally get how hard it can be to juggle everything. Managing your own mental well-being while also supporting Jimin’s recovery is no small feat. It’s important to remember that it’s okay to prioritize your own self-care, even when things get tough. And reaching out for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. Hang in there, and keep focusing on what’s best for you. You’re not alone in this, and things can get better with time and support.