My mental health journey after ptsd

My brain has been all over the place lately. Until recently, I thought it was just normal stress. But now I understand that my issues stem from something much deeper – something I barely knew existed before.

I’ve come to terms with a diagnosis of PTSD that has no doubt contributed to my mental health struggles. It wasn’t easy to face this fact but as soon as I accepted it, help became available and I finally felt relief.

The road ahead may be long and winding, but I’m determined to stay strong during this journey. In therapy, I’m making progress in addressing and understanding the traumatic memories at the core of my condition, as well as the cascade of mental health symptoms that followed them: depression, anxiety, angry outbursts—all of which threatened to overwhelm me on a daily basis.

Gratitude is now part of my routine as well: not only for all the support around me but also for any small victory along my recovery path. Taking time each day for mindfulness & meditation has helped me remain conscious of overthinking negative patterns; it’s also allowing me to get better acquainted with my authentic self and make meaningful progress toward improving my well-being – one day at a time!

2 Likes

It’s really inspiring to hear how you’ve been able to face your PTSD diagnosis and take positive steps towards healing. It can be scary and overwhelming to confront something like that, but it sounds like you’re making great progress in therapy and with mindfulness practices. It’s also great to hear that you’re finding relief and support, and that you’re recognizing the small victories along the way. Keep staying strong and taking things one day at a time. You’re definitely not alone in this, and I’m rooting for you!

Wow, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot, but it’s so inspiring to hear how you’re handling everything. The fact that you’ve come to terms with your diagnosis and are actively seeking help shows how strong and resilient you are. I’m so glad to hear that you’re finding relief and making progress in therapy. It’s important to celebrate those small victories and to practice gratitude, even on the tough days. Mindfulness and meditation are powerful tools, and it’s amazing that you’re finding them helpful in your journey toward improving your well-being. Keep staying strong and taking it one day at a time. We’re all here for you and rooting for your continued progress.