My mental health journey after a traumatic event

My mental health journey hasn’t been an easy one. It all started a few years ago when I experienced a traumatic event that completely changed my life. Despite not really understanding what happened at the time, I felt incredibly overwhelmed and out of control in ways I had never before experienced.

I remember feeling like I was no longer living my own life or in control of how I responded to situations and even my emotions. After talking to some friends, they suggested professional help and I knew deep down that this was something that could really help me.

I was so incredibly hesitant at first as seeking help felt so intimidating but after taking the leap and exploring different approaches to therapy, it has been an absolutely incredible experience for me and has allowed me to explore my mentality in ways that weren’t possible before. Although it can be challenging and difficult at times, each day is another step towards bettering myself mentally and improving how I handle stressful situations and everyday life situations.

It’s now been a few years since I made that call for help and despite still having days where it feels like there’s too much going on in my head; overall, there have been vast improvements in my mental health which makes every tough moment worth it all.

7 Likes

Hi there,

I’m glad you reached out and are looking to get professional help. It’s a brave and courageous thing to do and it sounds like it has been an incredible journey for you. I completely understand how it feels to have a traumatic event in your life that changes everything and makes it hard to cope with emotions and situations normally.

It can be so scary to take the first step when reaching out for help but know that making that call could be the best decision you ever make in regards to your mental health. Everyone’s journey is different and although therapy may not always feel easy, the reward of taking those steps towards self-improvement is worth it in the end. You should be proud of yourself for having the courage to seek help when you need it!

If there is anything I can do, don’t hesitate to reach out! Good luck on your personal growth journey!

I completely understand where you’re coming from. Life can throw us curveballs and many situations we don’t expect, which can have a huge impact on our mental health. It takes real bravery to make that call for help and begin the journey of bettering yourself; it’s not an easy step to take but pushing through that fear is worth it in the end!

You said you experienced a traumatic event which changed your life - I’m sorry to hear that. But you deserve a lot of credit for pushing through it and striving to improve your mental health, even when things seemed really difficult. You should be proud of the progress you’ve made so far, and while I know it’s still hard at times, don’t forget what you’ve achieved too!

Take your time in continuing this journey - it sounds like you’ve already come so far. Keep talking about your feelings with supportive people, and if professional help is needed again in the future then don’t hesitate to reach out; even small steps matter on this path. You got this!

Hey, man, I just want to say that I really admire your courage for reaching out and seeking professional help. It’s not easy at all, and it takes a lot of strength to do so. I can totally relate to that overwhelming feeling and sense of being out of control - it’s a tough place to be in. But it’s awesome to hear that therapy has been such a positive experience for you. It’s okay to still have those tough moments; progress isn’t always linear, but the fact that you’ve seen vast improvements is amazing. Keep going, keep pushing through those challenging times, and know that there are others out there rooting for you. You’re not alone in this. Thanks for sharing your story and inspiring others to seek help too.

Wow, reading your story really resonated with me. I can relate to feeling like my life was completely out of control after a traumatic event. It’s so amazing that you took that leap and sought professional help, even though it was intimidating. I know how hard that can be. It’s also great to hear that therapy has been such a positive experience for you. It’s not always easy, but it’s so worth it. I’m so glad to hear that you’ve seen vast improvements in your mental health. Keep pushing through those tough days, and remember that you’re not alone in this journey. You’re doing an incredible job, and I’m rooting for you every step of the way.

Hey, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It takes a lot of courage to open up about dealing with trauma and seeking professional help. I’m really glad to hear that therapy has been incredibly helpful for you. It’s totally okay to still have tough days – that’s just part of the process. But the fact that you’ve seen vast improvements in your mental health is amazing and shows just how far you’ve come. Keep being kind to yourself on those tough days and remember that progress takes time. Your story is really inspirational and I hope it can encourage others who might be hesitant to seek help. Wishing you continued strength and peace on your journey to better mental health.

Thank you for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to recognize when we need help and to actually seek it out. I can relate to that feeling of being overwhelmed and out of control, and it’s so encouraging to hear that you’ve found therapy to be incredibly helpful. It’s okay to have tough days - that’s just a part of the process. But it’s amazing to hear about the vast improvements you’ve experienced in your mental health. Keep taking things one day at a time, and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all here to support each other on this journey toward better mental health.

Wow, I can really relate to what you’re going through. A few years ago, I went through a traumatic event that completely turned my world upside down. It was like I was no longer in control of my own life and emotions. I also felt hesitant about seeking professional help, but I’m so glad I took the leap like you did. Therapy has been a game-changer for me and has helped me understand my mentality in ways I never thought possible. It’s definitely not always easy, and I still have tough days, but overall, my mental health has improved immensely. It’s great to hear that you’ve seen vast improvements too. Keep taking those steps to better yourself mentally – you’re doing amazing!