My integrated treatment journey for substance use and mental health

My journey with integrated treatment has been transformative. I never thought I could make it this far, but here I am. It’s been a long road filled with lots of ups and downs but I’m proud of how far I’ve come.

When I first started my treatment journey, I was facing both substance use and mental health issues. At first, it felt like too much for me to handle, and there were times when I wanted to give up. But with the help of my therapist and the right medication, things began to get better.

As part of my integrated treatment plan, my therapist worked with me one-on-one to bring insight into how my mental health condition interacted with my addiction issues. Having that insight brought a deeper understanding of what was causing these problems and being able to approach them from different angles gave me more power over them.

In addition to individual therapy, I took part in group therapy as well as stepped down programs that allowed me to continue on my recovery journey after leaving rehab. This helped keep me focused on maintaining sobriety while still being able to connect with people who had also gone through similar experiences.

Now that I’m back home and continuing on the road to recovery, integrating these different elements of treatment has enabled me to reach a level of stability that seemed impossible before. Each element – the therapy sessions, medication management, support group participation – all working in tandem have made all the difference moving forward on my path towards long lasting sobriety and mental health stability.