My experience with ptsd

Living with PTSD can be a difficult and lonely journey at times, but I want to remind anyone going through the same thing that you are not alone.

I remember how it all started for me: an unexpected panic attack out of the blue that seemed to come out of nowhere. At first, I thought nothing of it since I had been dealing with anxiety my entire life. This time, however, something felt different – like my fight or flight response was stuck on “flight” and wouldn’t turn off. That feeling of being constantly on edge took a toll on both my mental and physical health until I finally reached out for help and was diagnosed with PTSD.

It hasn’t been an easy road, but there is so much more hope now than when this started. From working closely with my medical team to diving deeper into therapy and self-care practices, each step I have taken in my healing process has been worth it. Today, I know how to recognize triggers and manage my symptoms so that they don’t take over my life – something that once seemed impossible.

No two journeys are the same, but know if you’re struggling then you can find your way back to feeling whole again. Getting help early is key so reach out as soon as you can – one day I promise you will look back at this moment and realize that reaching out for help was the best decision you ever made for yourself.

3 Likes

I completely understand how difficult the days can be when living with PTSD. It feels like no one truly understands what you’re going through which can be really isolating. Trust me, I know from experience. I’m 43-years-old and have been coping with PTSD for a while now.

It’s only in the last few years that I’ve come to better grasp of how to take care of myself in moments of distress and tackle my symptoms head on. One thing that has been really helpful for me is talking to people who are either going through a similar situation or have already been there as they tend to understand where you are coming from better than anyone else.

The important thing to remember is that you don’t have to do this alone, and it’s okay to reach out for help. Recognizing when we need help is not only courageous, but the first step towards reclaiming our lives back. As cliché as it sounds, there is hope out there and you can reach the other side if you remain persistance and keep pushing forward.

Living with PTSD can be really tough, and I totally get how lonely it can feel. I had a similar experience with unexpected panic attacks, and it took a toll on my mental and physical health until I reached out for help and was diagnosed with PTSD. It’s been a challenging road, but there’s so much more hope now. Working closely with my medical team and diving deeper into therapy and self-care practices has been really worth it. Today, I’m able to recognize triggers and manage my symptoms so they don’t take over my life. It’s definitely been a process, but getting help early is key. If you’re struggling, please reach out as soon as you can. And remember, one day you’ll look back at this moment and realize that reaching out for help was the best decision you ever made for yourself.

Hey there, thank you so much for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to open up about living with PTSD. I can relate to feeling like my fight or flight response was stuck on ‘flight’ and not being able to turn it off. It’s so great to hear that you’ve found ways to manage your symptoms and recognize triggers. It gives me hope that I can do the same. It’s true that reaching out for help is so important, and I’m really glad you did. It’s really comforting to know that there’s hope for feeling whole again. Thank you for the reminder that I’m not alone in this. Sending you lots of love and positive vibes on your healing journey.