My experience at the stanford eating disorder clinic

Visiting the Stanford Eating Disorder Clinic was a challenging experience for me. The staff at the clinic were immensely kind and understanding, helping to make me feel safe and comfortable. They created an environment that allowed me to open up and discuss my struggles without feeling judged or embarrassed.

During my time there, I participated in individual therapy sessions with both a psychologist and nutritionist, as well as group counseling programs on coping skills and body-image acceptance. I also had access to meal planning assistance that provided goals to safely reintroduce healthy foods back into my diet. All of these services gave me the tools needed to confront my eating disorder head-on.

While the treatment process has not been easy, I am so thankful for the support and care provided by Stanford Eating Disorder Clinic’s amazing staff members. With their help, I am now learning to accept myself just as I am, while developing new strategies for long-term success.

1 Like

Hi there! I’m so glad to hear that you had a good experience at the Stanford Eating Disorder Clinic. It can be very difficult facing an eating disorder, but it’s wonderful that you have access to such excellent resources and staff who are helping you through it.

It’s great to hear that, with their help, you are learning coping strategies and body-image acceptance. Developing these skills is key to conquering your eating disorder in the long-term. Additionally, having meal planning assistance can make healthy eating much more achievable while also reintroducing healthy food back into your diet in a safe way.

I want you to know that you are not alone in this journey! Remember that there is always hope and that recovery is possible with the right support and care. Wishing you the best of luck in every step of your treatment process!