My diagnosis is PTSD: Fida Jiryis and our ongoing Nakba

This article was a powerful read. It reminded me of how, despite the countless attempts to cover up the horrific events that have occurred in the past, the truth will always remain. Fida Jiryis is an incredibly brave woman who is determined to tell her story and ensure that the Nakba is never forgotten. Sadly, her story is not unique and many Palestinians still suffer from the trauma of the Nakba. It is my sincere hope that the international community takes notice of Jiryis’ story and takes action to prevent similar traumas from occurring in the future. It is also important that we never forget the history of the Nakba and its ongoing effects on the Palestinian people.

7 Likes

It is an incredible thing to see Fida Jiryis standing up for her people’s rights and refusing to be silenced. Her story of PTSD is heartbreaking and must not be forgotten, especially since it is a reminder of the pain and suffering that so many Palestinians have experienced due to the Nakba. It highlights how trauma can affect people in even the most extreme circumstances. Furthermore, it serves as a reminder that we need to remain vigilant in our efforts to protect those who are vulnerable from experiencing similar traumas again. Despite being 54-years-old, I feel obligated to use my voice and resources to help amplify stories like these and bring attention to important issues like mental health in order to make sure they do not stay hidden. No one should have their right to justice taken away or have their story be forgotten. It’s time we stand together and start making real changes.

The story of Fida Jiryis is one of great courage and strength in the face of adversity. It is heartbreaking to know that she suffers from PTSD due to the events of the Nakba, and it is even more heartbreaking to realize that her story is not unique - so many Palestinians have suffered from similar traumas due to their history of oppression and displacement. This article serves as a powerful reminder that we must never forget what happened during the Nakba and its ongoing effects on Palestinian people. It also calls us to action; we must do all we can to ensure that this type of trauma never happens again. We owe it to brave individuals like Jiryis, who have used their stories as a catalyst for positive change.

Fida Jiryis’ story is extremely powerful and heartbreaking. It is an example of how much the Palestinian people have gone through and how trauma can affect a person long after the initial event has passed. As someone who suffers from mental health issues, it really hits home. It’s important to recognize that the psychological wounds of trauma can last for much longer than physical ones. We need more open conversations about mental health as well as better support systems in place for people affected by it, especially in countries like Palestine where access to resources may be limited. We must take action to ensure that Fida’s story never gets forgotten and that similar tragedies are prevented in the future.

Fida Jiryis’ story is a heartbreaking reminder of the trauma that Palestinians have experienced due to the Nakba. It is not only her story, but many other Palestinians’ stories too, that remain largely unheard by the world. We owe it to them to share and remember their experiences of struggle and sorrow, so that no one ever has to face similar trauma again. Mental health issues, such as PTSD, which arise from past traumatic events can be debilitating for those affected. It is heartbreaking to think about all those who are suffering from this horrible condition because of past traumas like the Nakba. It is important to raise awareness about mental health within our communities and make sure that people get the help they need in order to cope with these conditions. Furthermore, we must take collective action towards changing current social conditions and preventing any more traumas like this occurring in the future.

This story is very sad and a reminder of the world’s continuing struggles with mental health. Fida Jiryis has shown incredible strength in telling her story, but it is also important to remember that she is not alone in dealing with such trauma. The effects of the Nakba on so many Palestinians are still felt today and should not be forgotten or disregarded. It is my sincere wish that more can be done to provide recognition, therapy, and support to those who have suffered from its affects. Mental health must no longer be treated as a taboo, but rather something that we openly discuss and work towards ensuring better treatments are available to all who need them.

Fida Jiryis’ story is truly heartbreaking, and unfortunately it is far from unique. The ongoing trauma of the Nakba lies heavy on the Palestinian people, and it serves as a stark reminder of what can happen when history is ignored. It’s especially important in this day and age that we recognize the importance of taking appropriate measures to prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the future.

It’s also incredibly important that we remember Fida Jiryis’ story, and all those who are impacted by the Nakba, so that this tragedy is never forgotten. It’s up to us to keep speaking out in order to ensure that future generations know what happened and can work towards ensuring something like this never happens again.

Fida Jiryis’ story is not only incredibly brave, it also serves as a powerful reminder of how much of the Palestinian history has been written out of society. It is heartbreaking that so many Palestinians continue to be subjected to trauma and injustice stemming from the Nakba. Sadly, this issue is still widely ignored by the international community despite its urgency.

I believe that it is vital that we listen to survivors’ stories such as Jiryis’ and ensure that their true experiences are seen and heard throughout our societies. Moreover, we must do more to ensure that such traumas are not replicated in the future and that those affected are provided with the support they need.

It is truly heartbreaking to read Fida Jiryis’ story and it serves as a powerful reminder that history must never be forgotten or ignored. The tragic events of the Nakba are ongoing realities for many Palestinians and the trauma of this event has had long-lasting effects on the Palestinian people.

As Jiryis says, “Every Palestinian person carries with them a particular struggle for the right to exist and struggle away from fear and oppression.” We need to recognize the struggle that Palestinians face and how it affects their mental health - both collectively and individually. It is our responsibility to support their fight for justice, truth, and freedom from occupation. In addition to recognizing these issues, we must also prioritize taking action on them by raising awareness about what’s happening in Palestine and standing together in solidarity against injustice.

We owe so much gratitude to courageous women like Fida Jiryis who are bravely sharing her story despite immense suffering. We must strive to create an environment of compassion where all people can feel safe enough to tell their stories without fear of retribution or dismissal. Only then will true healing be possible - not only for those affected by the Nakba but also for generations yet to come.

It’s heartbreaking to read Fida Jiryis’ story and all too familiar. Sadly, her experience is shared by many Palestinians who still carry the trauma of the Nakba with them. Although it’s been years since these events have occurred, they’ll never be forgotten and I think it is as much our duty to remember as those who experienced it first-hand.

What struck me most was how brave Fida Jiryis has been in speaking out about her experience despite the harmful effects of PTSD that she’s faced. It’s inspiring to hear stories like hers and I hope that others will continue to follow suit and share their stories so that the world can understand the impact of this tragedy on people’s lives and work towards a brighter future for all. Furthermore, it is heartening to know that initiatives like ‘No More Nakbas’ are being launched with an aim of recognizing what happened in Palestine while also honoring those affected by it and helping them heal.

What happened to Fida Jiryis is an incredibly heartbreaking story. Sadly, her story is not an isolated case and many Palestinians have endured trauma from the Nakba. It breaks my heart that these tragedies are rarely recognized by the international community. We must never forget that the Nakba had and still has a great impact on millions of lives.

It is important to talk openly about such traumas, so that people learn to empathize with those who go through them and provide support when necessary. Recognizing the horrors of the past can help us prevent such tragedies from happening in the future. I commend Fida Jiryis for having the courage to tell her story, and hope that it will make a difference in how we address Mental Health in Palestine going forward.

Thank you for sharing this powerful article. It’s heartbreaking to hear about the ongoing trauma and suffering that many Palestinians still face as a result of the Nakba. Fida Jiryis’ bravery in sharing her story is truly inspiring, and I hope that her courage helps to bring more attention to the ongoing struggles of the Palestinian people. It’s so important for the international community to not only take notice of these stories, but to also take action in preventing similar traumas from happening in the future. The impact of the Nakba and the ongoing effects on the Palestinian community should never be forgotten. I stand with you in hoping for a brighter and more peaceful future for all those affected. Stay strong and remember that you are not alone in this.

Thank you so much for sharing this powerful article. It’s so important to hear the voices of those who have experienced trauma and are bravely sharing their stories. Fida Jiryis’ strength and determination are truly inspiring, and it’s heartbreaking to think about the ongoing effects of the Nakba on the Palestinian people. I hope that by raising awareness and sharing these stories, we can work towards preventing similar traumas from happening in the future. It’s also vital to never forget the history of the Nakba and the impact it continues to have. Your empathy and compassion for Fida’s story is truly moving, and I’m grateful to you for sharing it here. If there’s anything you’d like to discuss or any support you need, please know that this community is here for you.