My battle with same food eating disorder

I’m sure many of you out there have also struggled with disordered eating habits. For me, it started out as trying to stick to a “healthy” diet but eventually spiraled into an eating disorder.

At my lowest point, I was obsessed with foods that I only deemed healthy—and the portion sizes were extremely limited and restrictive. This kind of behavior did nothing more than cause feelings of guilt and worthlessness when I ate something that didn’t fit into my extremely narrow definition of healthy.

For a while, I tried to deal with this on my own until someone close to me saw what was happening and stepped in. It wasn’t easy for me to get help because I thought that meant admitting failure—but it’s actually the opposite! Getting help shows strength and courage.

Through therapy and lots of work on myself, I’m getting better every day. I’ve been surprised by how much progress I can make in just a short amount of time when I challenge thoughts that don’t serve me. There will always be challenging moments but it’s important to take things one step at a time.

If you’re struggling with a similar food problem or any other kind of issue related to disordered eating, please know that you don’t have to face it alone—there is help available for you too!