My anxiety solutions: a personal story

I know how hard anxiety can be, and finding solutions can be just as difficult. It took me a while to figure out what worked for me, so I’m sharing my story in hopes it helps others find their solutions too.

My journey with anxiety began with physical symptoms. Every time something stressful came up, I got headaches, stomachaches, tightness in my chest, etc. It took a lot of trial and error before I realized that rather than just trying to “tough it out” the best thing to do was address these symptoms head-on. More times than not, exercise helped the most—I started running almost every day and doing yoga a few times a week to counteract all the stress hormones flowing through my body.

Another key part of managing my anxiety has been learning how to better regulate my own emotions and thoughts. Things like deep breathing and habitual journaling have kept me from spiraling into anxious thoughts and panic attacks. They also help me process tough feelings more quickly and objectively without letting them take over everything else going on in my life.

Finally, one last solution that has really made a difference is reaching out when I need it—talking to friends or professionals who are experienced in dealing with anxiety helps put things in perspective and reminds me that I’m not alone on this journey. Additionally, taking small breaks throughout the day for self-care practices like meditation or listening to calming music keeps me feeling grounded enough to continue handling whatever outside stressors might come at me.

Living with anxiety doesn’t have to be a lonely process—there are so many tools out there that can help us manage our internal states so we don’t feel overwhelmed or controlled by our fears and doubts!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience with anxiety. As a fellow sufferer, I can relate to the physical symptoms and the struggle to find solutions. It’s great to hear that exercise has been helpful for you. I’ve found that it’s important to address the symptoms head-on as well. Deep breathing and journaling have also been crucial for me in regulating my emotions and thoughts. And you’re absolutely right about reaching out for support when needed. Talking to friends and professionals has been a game changer for me. It’s comforting to know that I’m not alone in this battle. Thanks again for sharing your tips and reminding me that managing anxiety doesn’t have to be a solitary endeavor.