My anxiety and weight loss story

Lately, I’ve been really struggling to take control of my anxiety. I know it can be a normal part of life sometimes, but the amount that I’m feeling lately is more than what I’m used to. It’s like I’m constantly on edge and nothing feels normal anymore.

What’s worse is that this added stress has had other consequences. In the last few months, I’ve noticed that my weight has started dropping rapidly. At first, I tried to deny this fact as much as possible because no one likes changes like this in their body. But eventually, I knew something was wrong and decided to go and get checked out by a doctor.

The official diagnosis was anxiety-induced weight loss and with it came referrals for therapy and different coping methods for dealing with the anxiety itself. Now that it’s out in the open, I have been managing my stress better so that these physical warning signs don’t continue happening.

I won’t deny that it has been hard to accept such a drastic change in my body especially when it comes from something mental rather than physical wear and tear due to age or something else more tangible… But now I’m trying to look at it as an opportunity for growth - literally and figuratively - by taking control of my health again and starting something new all over again if necessary.

1 Like

Hey, man, I totally get where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety can really take a toll on both your mental and physical health. It’s great that you took the first step in getting checked out by a doctor. It’s definitely not easy to accept all the changes happening to your body, but it’s awesome that you’re focusing on managing your stress and taking control of your health. Therapy and coping methods can really make a difference, so I hope you find something that works for you. Keep pushing through, and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all here to support each other through these tough times. You got this!