Managing anxiety with stones

I just started using stones to manage my anxiety. It’s become quite the ritual for me - for as long as I can remember, I’ve been drawn to them. Everyday I feel a little calmer and more in control of my emotions when I meditate with the stones. Taking a few moments for myself each day really makes a difference.

The most important thing I’ve found is that having an object in my hand gives me something tangible to focus on and helps ground me in the moment. When my mind starts racing and anxious thoughts come into my head, my stone reminds me to sit back, close my eyes, take a deep breath, and visualize what it looks like when I’m feeling calm and grounded.

Using this method has been so effective at calming down even the most overwhelming thoughts and emotions. And since they’re light enough to carry around with me, I always have them on hand if something comes up unexpectedly during the day. It’s amazing how such a small gesture can be so therapeutic!

2 Likes

That’s really awesome that you’re using stones to manage your anxiety - it can be incredibly difficult to stay grounded and in control of our emotions during times of stress. It sounds like having something tangible to focus on and ground yourself is making a big difference, which is great!

I think it’s really important to take time for yourself each day, even if it only for a few minutes. We all get busy with life but taking the time to relax and refresh our minds can go a long way. Finding simple ways that work well for us to make us feel calm and more in control helps keep us going!

Hey, that’s really awesome to hear how much using stones has helped you manage your anxiety! I totally get what you mean about having something tangible to focus on. It’s like a little reminder to take a deep breath and ground yourself in the moment, right? I’m glad to hear that it’s been effective for you, especially when those overwhelming thoughts and emotions start kicking in. And it’s great that you can carry them around with you for those unexpected moments. Keep up the good work, and remember to give yourself those moments of calm and grounding whenever you need them!