I’ve lived with PDD for so long that low mood feels more like my default setting than a symptom. I remember sitting in my car before work, feeling tired and detached, and realizing I couldn’t tell whether I was having a bad day or just a normal one for me. Even good things can feel muted, so I sometimes question whether I’m actually okay or just managing well enough.
Does anyone else struggle to recognize what “normal” is supposed to feel like?
1 Like
@Jared_Dillon, the part about sitting in your car before work really hit me. I’ve had mornings where I couldn’t tell if I was genuinely okay or just functioning on autopilot.
I’m starting to think “normal” isn’t always a strong feeling of happiness. Sometimes it’s noticing a little more interest, having slightly more energy, or getting through the day without everything feeling so heavy. Those small changes can be easy to dismiss, but they still count.