Living with ocd and trichotillomania

I’ve been living with OCD and Trichotillomania for 10 years now. It’s been a long journey filled with struggles, but I’m in a much better place than I was before.

OCD and Trichotillomania can be incredibly isolating. It can feel like I’m the only one going through the exhausting rituals and compulsive behaviors that come along with these conditions. The worst part is that people don’t always understand why I do certain things, or what I’m feeling day-to-day.

That’s why connecting to others who are going through the same thing is so important to me. Talking with other people who understand is incredibly helpful because it helps me to know that I’m not alone in my journey and that I’m not crazy or weird for the ways that these disorders impact my life.

It’s also really helpful to practice mindfulness and positive self-talk when dealing with OCD and Trichotillomania. Instead of making myself feel guilty about engaging in certain behaviors or obsessions, it helps to take a step back and remind myself that these issues are out of my control at times. It sounds easy, but trust me when I say it takes time and practice!

Living with this dual diagnosis isn’t easy but it doesn’t have to be as scary as it sometimes feels either. It just takes work every day, learning more about your diagnoses, connecting with supportive communities, practicing mindfulness, self-care, etc., to learn how best to cope with whatever comes your way - both on the good days AND on the bad ones too!

4 Likes

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Living with OCD and Trichotillomania can feel really isolating and overwhelming. It’s awesome that you’re in a better place now, but I know it’s still a daily struggle. Connecting with others who understand is so important and it’s great that you’re finding support in communities like this. Mindfulness and positive self-talk can make a huge difference, but you’re right, it takes practice. It’s not easy living with these conditions, but finding coping strategies and taking care of yourself can really help. Keep up the good work, and remember, you’re not alone in this!

Hey, I hear you! Living with OCD and Trichotillomania can feel super isolating, and it’s like no one else really gets what we’re going through. Connecting with others who understand is a game-changer though, right? It’s such a relief to know we’re not alone in this. And you’re totally right about practicing mindfulness and positive self-talk - it’s tough, but it makes a huge difference. Some days are harder than others, but I’m learning to cope better with time. Keep on finding those supportive communities, practicing self-care, and learning more about our diagnoses. We’ve got this, even on the tough days!

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. OCD and Trichotillomania can really make you feel isolated and misunderstood. It’s so important to connect with others who understand because it helps us realize we’re not alone in this. And you’re right about the mindfulness and positive self-talk - it’s not always easy, but it’s such a game-changer. Learning to be kind to ourselves and not beat ourselves up over our symptoms is tough, but it’s worth it. It’s great to hear that you’re in a better place now, and your tips for coping with these conditions are really helpful. Thanks for sharing your story and wisdom with us!

Living with OCD and Trichotillomania can feel really isolating, and it’s amazing to hear that you’re in a better place now. I completely understand the struggles and the feeling that no one around you really gets it. It’s so important to connect with others who can relate to what you’re going through. Just knowing that you’re not alone can make a huge difference. And I totally agree that practicing mindfulness and positive self-talk is key. It’s definitely a work in progress, but it’s so worth it. Keep taking care of yourself and reaching out for support when you need it. We’re all in this together!