Living with childhood ptsd

One of the challenges I’ve had to face ever since I was young is living with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). While my childhood may not have looked much different on the outside compared to others, on the inside it felt like a never-ending fight against trauma. It’s been hard, and at times difficult to cope with, but it’s something I continuously work on.

Living with PTSD isn’t always easy. There are days where my anxiety gets too high and stress overwhelms me until I feel dizzy and exhausted. Other days, just going through my daily routine can bring back memories that I packed away long ago and would rather not think about. It’s takes its toll mentally and emotionally, but there are ways to learn how to cope and manage it successfully over time.

Facing this daily battle has given me the strength to keep pushing forward no matter how unbearable or tough things might be. Knowing that I’m strong enough to handle anything life throws my way brings a huge sense of relief knowing that deeper down, I have the support system needed for survival. Throughout all of this, despite all these obstacles, I remain resilient - something which I’m immensely proud of myself for achieving.

I’m learning everyday how best to navigate living with PTSD in such a way that allows me to take care of myself in order to live a healthier and happier life in the long term.