Living with bipolar and psychosis

Living with bipolar and psychosis can feel like a huge burden. It’s not something that you can easily hide from the world, even if you try your best to do so. Each day I feel like I have to work twice as hard to make sure my episodes don’t become too severe. Some days I can manage it, while other days it feels like nothing I do is enough.

However, one thing that has helped me is finding friends and support systems who understand what I’m going through. Having people around who “get it” makes dealing with these issues much easier than trying to force myself to face them alone. It takes a lot of courage, but having someone there for you in those rough moments can be a real game-changer.

It hasn’t been easy but each day I take small steps to make sure the worst of my mental struggles are kept at bay. With the right help and support system, I know that this disease doesn’t have to completely derail my life; it just takes time and patience on my part.

1 Like

I know how difficult it can be to manage bipolar disorder and psychosis, especially when trying to keep your personal life separate. It’s hard not to feel like you’re alone in this journey, but having people who understand what you’re going through can really make all the difference.

I’ve been dealing with bipolar and psychosis for many years now, and one thing that has helped me is finding support from friends and family who are willing to listen without judgment. Knowing that I had people who believed in me and wanted the best for me was invaluable in my recovery process.

It’s taken a lot of work on my part over the years, but staying positive and seeking personal growth has made a huge impact on my overall wellbeing. Keeping a record of achievements, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem, helps remind me of how far I have come. And most importantly, being kind and patient with myself during hard times has been crucial in getting through tough days.

Good luck on your own journey - you can do it!