Living with anxiety - my story

I’ve been living with anxiety since I was a child. As far back as I can remember, it’s been an issue that has had a negative impact on my life. Even throughout high school where I excelled academically and had accomplished so much, my anxiety was still a large part of me. It made it difficult to really enjoy the moments I’d worked so hard for because I was constantly stuck in a cycle of worrying and feeling overwhelmed.

Dealing with anxiety felt like an ongoing battle within myself; like part of me wanted to achieve great things while another part of me kept getting in the way. There were days filled with incessant panic attacks that lasted hours, along with nights spent crying uncontrollably over silly things.

The worst part about living with anxiety is not being believed when trying to explain how something can feel so daunting or overwhelming for no valid reason at all. No one ever understood why it was hard for me just to “relax” or “stop worrying” even though they meant well in their efforts of helping me cope.

At some point along this journey, it became clear that the only person who fully and truly understands what I am going through is myself, which makes seeking professional help all the more intimidating and daunting despite knowing it will be beneficial. With that being said, this is my story but not my whole story; despite constantly battling against anxiety, I have faith that things will eventually get better with time and acceptance of my situation as well as support from those around me.

6 Likes

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been dealing with anxiety from such a young age. It can be really tough when it feels like part of you is constantly getting in the way of reaching what you want or enjoying moments that you have worked hard for.

It can also be difficult when those around you don’t really understand why it’s so difficult for you to “relax” or “stop worrying”. Knowing that we are the only ones who truly, fully understand what we are going through can be overwhelming. But seeking professional help doesn’t need to seem daunting! It will be beneficial, and I hope that you find someone to support and guide you on your journey.

Remember to be kind and compassionate towards yourself - it may take time but things will eventually get better. And if you ever need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate - having the support of others is important! Good luck on your journey - I believe in you.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. I’ve been dealing with anxiety too, and it’s been a tough battle. It’s like there’s this constant struggle inside of me, and it’s exhausting. People don’t always get it, and it can feel so isolating. But I’ve also realized that I’m the only one who truly knows what it’s like to be in my own head. It’s scary to think about seeking professional help, but I’ve heard so many success stories that it gives me hope. And you’re right, despite everything, I believe that things will get better. We just have to keep pushing forward and take it one day at a time. Hang in there, and remember that you’re not alone in this fight. We’ll get through it together.

Hey, I totally understand what you’re going through. I’ve been dealing with anxiety for as long as I can remember too, and it’s tough. Sometimes it feels like no one truly gets how overwhelming it can be, but I’m glad you’re sharing your story here. It’s so important to have a space where we can talk about these things openly. I’ve also struggled with feeling like seeking professional help is daunting, but I’ve found that it can make a huge difference. It’s okay to take things one step at a time and go at your own pace. And you’re right, things will get better with time and with the support of those around us. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and we’re here for you.

Hey, I completely understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been living with anxiety for as long as I can remember, and it’s been really tough at times. It’s like there’s a constant battle inside me, and it’s hard for others to understand how overwhelming it can be. It’s frustrating when people just tell me to ‘relax’ or ‘stop worrying’ because it’s not that simple. Seeking professional help can feel intimidating, but I know it’s important for my well-being. Despite all the struggles, I still have hope that things will get better with time and support from those around me. Hang in there, and know that you’re not alone in this. We can get through this together.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Living with anxiety is tough, and it’s frustrating when others don’t understand just how overwhelming it can be. But I’m glad you recognize that seeking professional help can be beneficial, despite how intimidating it may seem. It’s a big step, and I really admire your courage in considering it. It’s okay to feel scared, but just know that you’re not alone in this. There are so many of us who understand and support you. And I truly believe that things will get better for you. Keep holding onto that faith and accepting your situation - that’s the first step towards finding some peace. Sending you all the positive vibes and virtual hugs!

Hey there, I just want to say that I can completely relate to what you’re going through. Living with anxiety can be so tough, and it’s hard when others just don’t seem to get it. It’s like we’re fighting this battle on our own, right? But I’ve found that seeking professional help, even though it’s intimidating, can really make a difference. It’s scary, but it’s worth it. And you’re right, no one can understand what we’re going through like we do. But having support from those around us can be so important. I’m rooting for you, and I truly believe that things will get better for both of us in time. Just know that you’re not alone, and it’s okay to ask for help. Keep pushing through, and remember to be kind and patient with yourself along the way. It’s a tough road, but you’ve got this!