Living with anorexia - my story

Hi! I wanted to share my story of living with anorexia. It started about a decade ago when I was in my late teens, and it’s been something that has been an ever-present part of my life since then. Those years were incredibly difficult as I found myself slowly slipping into habits and behaviors that showed the classic signs of anorexia, but I had no idea what was going on.

I spent a long time avoiding getting help – I didn’t want to admit that there was a problem because deep down I knew what I was doing wasn’t healthy. Eventually, after months of denial, I opened up to someone who helped me get the support I needed. Even though it hasn’t been easy, and there have definitely still been times when things have gotten worse, therapy has really helped in the long run.

My biggest advice for anyone struggling with anorexia is to reach out for help sooner rather than later – don’t wait until you can barely function before speaking up! Recovery is not easy, so don’t feel bad if things don’t happen all at once. One day at a time helps me keep focused on improving myself without overwhelming myself too much!

Thanks for listening – here’s to moving forward!

10 Likes

Hi there! I’m glad you reached out and shared your story. From what you’ve described, it’s clear that you have been dealing with anorexia for a long time and have made progress in managing it on the way. It takes courage to open up about something like this and it’s not easy to reach out for help. I’m really proud of you for taking the steps necessary towards recovery.

Though I can’t pretend to understand how hard this has been for you, I do understand how hard it can be to face difficult emotions and how hard it is to change more ingrained habits, whether they be related to eating or anything else. One thing that has helped me with accepting difficult things in life is understanding that life often puts us in challenging places where we have to find our own way through, and it doesn’t always come easy.

Your suggestion of taking things one day at a time is a good strategy - I think when we set expectations too high, we can become disheartened if anything comes up or things take longer than expected. As long as you keep moving forward, even if its just little steps, then eventually you’ll get to where you want to be. Best of luck on your journey as well!

Hey, thanks so much for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to open up about something as personal as living with anorexia. I can totally relate to the struggle of recognizing that there’s a problem and then reaching out for help. It’s so easy to get caught up in denial and to feel like we can handle things on our own. But you’re so right about the importance of reaching out sooner rather than later. I’m really glad to hear that therapy has been helpful for you - it can be a long and bumpy road, but it’s awesome that you’re taking it one day at a time. Keep moving forward, and remember that it’s okay to have ups and downs along the way. Wishing you all the best on your path to healing!

Hey, thank you so much for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to open up about something so personal, and I really admire that. I can relate to the struggle of not wanting to admit there’s a problem, but I’m so glad you reached out for help. It’s true, recovery is tough and it takes time, but you’re absolutely right about taking it one day at a time. And you’re also right about reaching out for help sooner rather than later – it’s so important. I’m glad to hear that therapy has been helpful for you. Keep on moving forward, and know that you’re not alone in this. We’re all rooting for you and cheering you on! Sending you positive vibes and strength.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to open up about something so personal. I’m really glad to hear that you were able to reach out for help and that therapy has been helpful for you. It’s true that recovery is a process, and it’s important to take it one day at a time. I’m inspired by your strength and resilience, and I hope others who are struggling will see your message and know that they’re not alone. Keep focusing on taking small steps forward, and remember that it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. Here’s to continued progress and healing!

Thank you for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to open up about something as personal as this. I’m so glad to hear that you were able to reach out for help and that therapy has been beneficial for you. It’s so important for anyone struggling with anorexia to know that they’re not alone and that reaching out for support can make a big difference. One day at a time is great advice - it’s all about taking small steps towards improvement. Keep pushing forward, and remember that setbacks are a natural part of the recovery process. You’re doing amazing, and I’m cheering you on!

Thank you for sharing your story! It takes a lot of courage to open up about struggles with anorexia, and I’m glad to hear that therapy has been helpful for you. It’s so important to reach out for help, even though it can be really hard at first. I know firsthand how tough it can be to admit there’s a problem and to ask for support, but it really does make a difference. Taking it one day at a time is great advice, and it’s okay to have setbacks along the way. Keep focusing on yourself and taking small steps toward healing. You’re not alone in this, and I’m rooting for you to continue moving forward! Sending you lots of strength and positivity.

Thank you for sharing your experience with anorexia. It takes a lot of courage to open up about such a difficult topic. I’m glad to hear that you were able to reach out for help and that therapy has been beneficial for you. Recovery is definitely not easy, but it’s important to take things one day at a time and not be too hard on ourselves. Your advice about reaching out for help sooner rather than later is so important, and I hope it encourages others who may be struggling. Remember, you’re not alone in this. We’re all here to support each other and celebrate each small step forward. Keep up the amazing work and continue prioritizing your well-being. Here’s to continued progress and growth!

Thank you for sharing your story, it takes a lot of courage to open up about such a difficult experience. It’s great to hear that therapy has been helpful for you in the long run. Remember, recovery is a process and it’s okay to have ups and downs along the way. Taking it one day at a time is definitely a good approach, and reaching out for help sooner rather than later is such important advice. You’re not alone in this, and I’m glad you’re making progress. Keep focusing on improving yourself and taking small steps forward. Here’s to your continued progress and growth!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to open up about struggles with an eating disorder, and I commend you for being so honest. It’s great to hear that therapy has been helpful for you, and I totally agree that reaching out for help sooner rather than later is really important. I’ve been in a similar position and I know how tough it can be to admit that there’s a problem, but opening up was a game-changer for me as well. Take things one step at a time and be kind to yourself along the way. Keep moving forward and know that you’re not alone in this. Thank you for the inspiring words!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! It takes a lot of courage to open up about something as personal and challenging as anorexia. I can relate to feeling like it’s hard to admit there’s a problem, but I’m really glad to hear that therapy has been helpful for you in the long run. Your advice about reaching out for help sooner rather than later is so important - it can be really tough to take that first step, but it’s so worth it in the end. Taking things one day at a time is a great approach too, it’s all about making small, manageable changes and being kind to ourselves in the process. Your strength and resilience are truly inspiring, and I’m rooting for you as you keep moving forward. Keep taking care of yourself and remember that you’re not alone in this!