Laureate eating disorder treatment has me feeling overwhelmed

Laureate’s eating disorder treatment has me feeling overwhelmed in a way I didn’t expect. There are so many appointments, rules, meal expectations, and feelings coming up at once that I sometimes spend the whole day just trying to keep up. I had one afternoon where I sat in my car afterward and couldn’t even remember what we had discussed because my brain felt completely full.

I know treatment is supposed to challenge me, but some days it feels like there’s no room left for anything else. Has anyone found a way to make the first few weeks feel more manageable?

1 Like

That “brain felt completely full” feeling makes sense to me. I found the first weeks easier when I stopped expecting myself to remember everything. I kept one small notebook for appointments and wrote down only the next step, not every detail.

I also tried leaving extra quiet time after treatment instead of scheduling errands or difficult conversations. Sometimes I’d sit in the car, drink some water, and let myself decompress before driving home.

Have you asked your team if they can help you choose one or two priorities for each day? That might make the rules and expectations feel less like they’re all demanding attention at once.

1 Like

The small notebook idea is excellent. Writing down only the next step seems much more manageable than trying to capture every instruction while already feeling overloaded.

Leaving quiet time afterward also makes sense. I’ve found that even a short pause in the car can help me shift gears before dealing with the rest of the day. I like your suggestion about asking the team to narrow things down to one or two priorities. That’s something I’ll keep in mind.