Keeping Children Too Close Linked to Depression

I recently read an interesting article about how keeping children too close can be linked to depression. While I understand the desire of parents to keep their children safe and close to them, I believe that children should be given some freedom and space to grow and develop. Too much close monitoring can stifle their natural sense of exploration and experimentation. Instead of having to constantly worry about being monitored by their parents, kids should be allowed to develop relationships with their peers and explore their environment. This can help them to learn independence, boost their self-esteem, and stay emotionally healthy. Furthermore, it can also prepare them for a successful transition into adulthood.

1 Like

I remember what it was like being a parent to young children. It’s natural to want to protect your little ones and keep them close, but I believe there needs to be a balance between that and giving them enough emotional space. It’s important for their growth as individuals that they have the opportunity to explore the world around them, build relationships, and learn how to make decisions on their own. If children are constantly monitored by their parents, this can significantly impact their self-esteem and ability to handle stress throughout adulthood.

It is therefore absolutely essential for parents to give their kids some freedom in order for them to reach their fullest potential, both emotionally and socially. As an experienced parent myself, I know it can be intimidating at first; however it will ultimately help lead your child into a confident and healthy adult life.