Exploring natural ways to manage anxiety

I’ve been struggling with anxiety for some time now, and I was tired of just popping prescription-based pills to manage it. I decided to take matters into my own hands and explore more natural methods of managing and reducing my anxiety.

A big part of this journey was researching what people were doing. Some online searches later, I was able to find plenty of tips and tricks that individuals were using with great success. Supplementing these with some lifestyle changes, like increasing physical activity levels and reducing stressors served as an even better way to improve my mental wellbeing overall.

I also began researching natural ingredients that studies have proven can be useful in easing symptoms of anxiety. Herbal teas like chamomile and kava are excellent options, along with adaptogenic herbs such as ashwagandha which helps the body adapt to reduce feelings of stress or fatigue. Exercise continues to be one of the most effective ways for me to give myself a mood boost - especially when supplemented with some form of meditation or mindfulness practices!

Overall, it’s been immensely rewarding (though admittedly challenging at times) shifting towards a naturally-focussed approach for better management of my anxiety symptoms. I’m still exploring different techniques but am super happy that I could get off those prescriptions, too!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m so glad to hear that you’re taking steps to manage your anxiety more naturally. It definitely isn’t an easy feat, but it’s amazing that you’ve taken the initiative and found strategies that work for you. I also find herbal teas, adaptogenic herbs and supplements, and exercise really helpful in managing my anxiety symptoms - it’s great to explore all these different options away from prescribed medicines. It takes a lot of trial and error to find things that work for us, so kudos to you for figuring out what works best for you and taking the steps necessary to look after yourself!