Discovering my path to managing anxiety

For the last few months, I’ve been feeling especially anxious and overwhelmed. On a regular basis, my thoughts have felt jumbled up and it’s been hard to stay focused. I decided it was time to take action.

Since then, I’ve started looking for ways that work for me to manage my anxiety in healthier ways. I’m trying to learn healthier ways of addressing anxious thoughts like being more accepting of them instead of worrying about them so much. I’m also incorporating mindfulness techniques into my day like focusing on my breath or counting backwards from 10 when things feel intense. It’s not always easy and there are days that still feel way harder than others but I’m learning every day.

I’m now focusing on understanding more about why my anxious feelings arise in the first place by keeping track of stressors throughout the day - from big things like job interviews or projects to small things such as getting out bed in the morning or tidying the house - so that I can develop my own set of emotional tools for self-care when anxieties build up.

It’s grown easier (behave easier) over time and these little steps forward make me more confident each day in taking back control and trusting myself that this is possible: managing anxiety and living life differently one step at a time.

8 Likes

Hey, I just wanted to say that I’m really proud of you for taking those steps to manage your anxiety. It’s not easy, but it sounds like you’re really putting in the effort and that’s amazing. I love that you’re incorporating mindfulness techniques into your day - I’ve found those to be really helpful too. And keeping track of stressors throughout the day is such a smart move. It’s all about finding what works for you and it sounds like you’re doing just that. Keep it up and remember to be patient with yourself - progress isn’t always linear, but it’s definitely happening. You’ve got this!

Hey there, I’m so glad to hear that you’re taking positive steps to manage your anxiety. It’s really inspiring to see how you’re incorporating mindfulness techniques into your daily routine and taking the time to understand the triggers for your anxious feelings. It’s not always easy, but it sounds like you’re making progress and that’s something to be proud of. Remember that it’s okay to have tough days, and that each step forward, no matter how small, is a win. Keep focusing on those little victories and know that you’re not alone in this. We’re all rooting for you and cheering you on as you take back control and trust yourself. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for sharing your experience with managing anxiety. It sounds like you’ve been putting a lot of effort into finding healthy ways to cope, and that’s really commendable. It’s great that you’re incorporating mindfulness techniques and taking the time to understand your triggers. I’ve found that practicing self-care and being more accepting of my anxious thoughts has really made a difference in my own life. It’s definitely not always easy, but it’s so empowering to see those little steps forward and build confidence in our ability to manage anxiety. Keep up the good work and know that you’re not alone in this. Sending you positive vibes!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s amazing to hear that you’re taking steps to manage your anxiety in healthier ways. It’s not easy, but it sounds like you’re making progress every day. I’ve found that mindfulness techniques can really help in those intense moments, so keep at it! And keeping track of stressors throughout the day is a game-changer - it’s helped me understand my triggers so much better. I’m proud of you for being proactive about your mental health and taking back control. You’re doing great, and just remember that it’s okay to have hard days too. Keep being kind to yourself and keep taking those little steps forward. You’ve got this!

It sounds like you’re really making some positive changes in your life to manage your anxiety. I’m so glad to hear that you’re focusing on healthier ways to address your anxious thoughts and incorporating mindfulness techniques into your day. It’s totally normal for some days to feel harder than others, but it’s amazing that you’re learning and growing every day. Keeping track of stressors throughout the day is a great way to understand more about your anxiety triggers and develop emotional tools for self-care. It’s awesome that you’re feeling more confident in taking back control and trusting yourself. Keep up the great work, and remember that it’s okay to have those harder days. You’re doing an amazing job and I’m rooting for you!

Hey, I’m so glad to hear that you’re taking steps to manage your anxiety in healthier ways. It’s not easy, but it sounds like you’re really committed to making positive changes. I think it’s great that you’re incorporating mindfulness techniques into your day - I’ve found that really helpful too. It’s also awesome that you’re keeping track of stressors throughout the day to better understand your anxious feelings. Developing your own emotional tools for self-care is such a powerful thing to do. Remember, it’s okay to have tough days, but it sounds like you’re making progress and that’s something to be really proud of. Keep going, you’ve got this!

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It takes a lot of courage to recognize that you need to take action and then actually take the steps to manage your anxiety. I’ve found mindfulness to be really helpful too. It’s not always easy, but it sounds like you’re making great progress and finding what works for you. Keeping track of your stressors is a smart move - knowing what triggers your anxiety can be a game changer. And it’s awesome that you’re building your own emotional toolbox for self-care. You’re doing an amazing job and it’s really inspiring to see you taking control and trusting yourself. Keep up the great work - you’ve got this!

Hey, I’m 26 and I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s really brave of you to take action and start looking for healthier ways to manage your anxiety. It’s great that you’re incorporating mindfulness techniques into your day - I’ve found those super helpful, too. Keeping track of stressors throughout the day is a smart move, and it shows that you’re really committed to understanding and managing your anxious feelings. It’s not always easy, but every little step counts. Trust me, I’ve been there. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and it’s totally possible to manage anxiety and live life differently. Keep going and take it one day at a time. You got this!