Discovering my path to managing anxiety

For the last few months, I’ve been feeling especially anxious and overwhelmed. On a regular basis, my thoughts have felt jumbled up and it’s been hard to stay focused. I decided it was time to take action.

Since then, I’ve started looking for ways that work for me to manage my anxiety in healthier ways. I’m trying to learn healthier ways of addressing anxious thoughts like being more accepting of them instead of worrying about them so much. I’m also incorporating mindfulness techniques into my day like focusing on my breath or counting backwards from 10 when things feel intense. It’s not always easy and there are days that still feel way harder than others but I’m learning every day.

I’m now focusing on understanding more about why my anxious feelings arise in the first place by keeping track of stressors throughout the day - from big things like job interviews or projects to small things such as getting out bed in the morning or tidying the house - so that I can develop my own set of emotional tools for self-care when anxieties build up.

It’s grown easier (behave easier) over time and these little steps forward make me more confident each day in taking back control and trusting myself that this is possible: managing anxiety and living life differently one step at a time.

1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to say that I’m really proud of you for taking those steps to manage your anxiety. It’s not easy, but it sounds like you’re really putting in the effort and that’s amazing. I love that you’re incorporating mindfulness techniques into your day - I’ve found those to be really helpful too. And keeping track of stressors throughout the day is such a smart move. It’s all about finding what works for you and it sounds like you’re doing just that. Keep it up and remember to be patient with yourself - progress isn’t always linear, but it’s definitely happening. You’ve got this!