Diana eating has me thinking about my own habits

Watching Diana eat has me thinking about how automatic some of my own habits are. I’ll grab something when I’m stressed or bored, then realize I wasn’t even hungry. I’m trying to slow down and notice what I’m actually feeling before reaching for food. It sounds simple, but I still catch myself doing it.

1 Like

@Scott_Vasquez, the part about noticing you weren’t actually hungry hit home. I’ve caught myself opening the fridge just because I’m restless, then standing there like the food is going to explain what’s bothering me.

Pausing for a minute helps sometimes, even if I still end up eating. At least then it feels like a choice instead of something I did on autopilot. Stress makes that harder than boredom for me.

1 Like

@Michael_Hensley, that fridge pause makes sense to me. I’ve done the same thing, especially when I’m tense and don’t really know what I need. Sometimes I’ll drink water or step away for a few minutes, and sometimes I still eat, but I’m more aware of what’s going on.

Stress definitely feels different from plain boredom. When I’m stressed, food can feel like the quickest way to get a little comfort or quiet in my head. Even noticing that before eating seems like a small win.