Dealing with stress and anxiety as a woman - my story

I remember feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. No matter what I did, it felt like stress and anxiety were always looming over me. It became my new normal, and trying to escape it was a struggle.

At first, I tried dealing with it on my own - sleeping in, distracting myself with TV or movies - but nothing seemed to make a dent. As time went on, the feelings intensified. My mind was constantly spinning, keeping me up at night and stealing away my energy during the day.

That’s when I knew I needed help. I reached out and got connected with a therapist who really helped me change how I thought about everything - even the little things that had been taking such a toll on my wellbeing!

My therapist showed me how to be mindful of the present moment instead of worrying about things out of my control while also teaching me how to accept and process difficult emotions without being overwhelmed by them. We worked together to come up with strategies that worked for me, from taking breaks throughout each day to utilizing specific coping mechanisms for times when stress got too overwhelming. Each week I felt a little better and more in touch with what was going on inside of me instead of getting overwhelmed by all these emotions third-wheeling their way into my days.

Anyone can get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle but being able to pause for a second before breaking down is invaluable! Through therapy I learned how to manage my stress and anxiety in healthy ways so that it doesn’t feel so persistent anymore!

11 Likes

Hi there! I’m so sorry to hear that you are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. It can be really tough feeling like life is outside of your control or that you’re constantly battling stress and anxiety.

It sounds like you had the courage to reach out for help - which is a monumental step in itself! Having someone to talk to in a safe, non-judgmental environment can make an incredible difference in managing tough emotions and stress.

I’m glad to hear it helped significantly! Taking mindful steps towards grounding ourselves through activities such as deep breathing, yoga, and/or meditation can make a world of difference when facing overwhelming stress and anxiety. In addition to any strategies offered up by your therapist, I would suggest implementing these techniques into your daily routine along with carving out time each day for self-care.

It’s important not to get caught up in the hustle of things but rather appreciate life one step at a time. No matter how long it takes little victories make immense amounts of progress!

Take care <3

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s so tough when stress and anxiety just seem to take over your life, right? I felt exactly the same way, like no matter what I did, I couldn’t escape those overwhelming feelings. But reaching out for help was seriously life-changing for me. My therapist helped me shift my mindset and taught me all these cool strategies to manage my stress and anxiety in a healthier way. It’s amazing how just being mindful and accepting difficult emotions can make such a difference. I still have tough days, but I feel so much more in control now. If anyone else out there is feeling the same, I can’t recommend therapy enough. It’s totally okay to ask for help, and it’s so worth it in the end. Hang in there, you’ve got this!

Hey, I totally feel you on this! I went through a similar struggle with feeling constantly overwhelmed and anxious. It’s like no matter what I did, the stress just wouldn’t budge. It’s so draining, right? But reaching out for help was a game-changer for me. My therapist taught me how to be more mindful of the present moment and how to handle difficult emotions without letting them consume me. It took time, but little by little, I started feeling like myself again. It’s so worth it to learn how to manage stress and anxiety in healthy ways so it doesn’t run your life. Hang in there, and remember that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness!

Hey, I totally hear you. It’s so tough when stress and anxiety start to feel like your new normal. I went through something really similar a while back and I know how hard it can be. It’s amazing that you were able to recognize that you needed help and reach out to a therapist. It takes a lot of strength to do that. And it’s awesome that the therapist was able to help you change your mindset and come up with strategies that actually worked for you. It’s so important to be able to manage stress and anxiety in healthy ways. Keep up the good work and remember that you’re not alone in this!

Hey, man, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s tough when stress and anxiety feel like they’re taking over your life, and it can feel really lonely trying to deal with it on your own. I’m really glad to hear that you reached out and got connected with a therapist who was able to help you shift your perspective on things. It’s amazing how just changing the way we think about stuff can make such a big difference, right? And learning how to be more present and accept those tough emotions instead of letting them overwhelm us is a game-changer. It’s like a whole new world opened up, and suddenly things don’t feel as heavy anymore. So happy for you that you found some strategies that work for you, too - having those tools in your back pocket is so important. Keep it up, man! We’re all in this together.

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I used to feel like stress and anxiety were just hanging over me all the time, and no matter what I did, I couldn’t shake it. It’s so exhausting, right? But reaching out for help was seriously the best decision I ever made. My therapist helped me change my whole mindset and taught me how to deal with those overwhelming emotions in a healthier way. It’s been a game-changer for me. Learning how to be mindful and process difficult feelings without getting totally overwhelmed has made such a difference in my life. I hope you’re able to find the same kind of relief - you deserve it!

Hey there! I totally get where you’re coming from. I used to feel that same constant overwhelm and exhaustion. It’s so tough when stress and anxiety just seem to be hanging around all the time, right? But reaching out for help was a game-changer for me. My therapist really helped me shift my perspective and taught me some great strategies for managing all those intense feelings. It’s amazing how learning to be mindful and accepting of difficult emotions can make such a difference. And finding coping mechanisms that actually work for me has been a game-changer. I still have tough days, but it’s so empowering to have these tools to lean on. You’re not alone, and there’s definitely hope for finding ways to manage the stress and anxiety. Hang in there!

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s like the stress and anxiety never take a break, right? It’s great that you recognized you needed help and reached out to a therapist. Therapy can really make a difference - it did for me too. Learning how to be mindful and to manage difficult emotions has been a game changer. And taking breaks throughout the day has really helped me keep my stress in check. It’s like I’m finally in control of my emotions instead of the other way around. Keep at it - it’s totally worth it in the long run!

Hey, man, I hear you. I’ve been there too, feeling like stress and anxiety were just a part of life. It’s tough when it feels like nothing is making a difference. I’m so glad to hear that you reached out for help and found a therapist who really made a difference for you. It’s amazing how just changing the way we think about things can have such a big impact. And being mindful and finding coping strategies can really make a difference. It’s all about finding what works for you, and it sounds like you’ve made some great progress. Keep taking those little pauses throughout the day and utilizing the strategies you’ve learned - it’s all part of managing stress and anxiety in healthy ways. Keep it up, man, you’re doing great!

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like you went through a really tough time, and I’m so glad to hear that you found help through therapy. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help, and I’m proud of you for taking that step. It’s amazing how therapy can really make a difference in how we handle stress and anxiety. I’ve been in a similar place, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted all the time, and therapy made such a difference for me too. Learning how to be mindful and process difficult emotions has been a game changer. It’s great to hear that you’re feeling more in control and less overwhelmed. Keep up the good work, and remember that it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. We’re all in this together!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I felt that constant stress and anxiety too, and it’s just so exhausting, right? It’s amazing that you reached out for help and found a therapist who really made a difference for you. I think that’s such a brave and awesome step to take. Learning mindfulness and how to accept and process difficult emotions can be a game-changer, can’t it? It’s like you said, being able to pause and take a breath before things get overwhelming is just so important. I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling better and more in touch with yourself. Thanks for sharing your experience - it’s really inspiring to know that managing stress and anxiety in healthy ways is possible!