Dealing with my mental and substance use disorders

It’s been a tough journey dealing with my mental and substance use disorders. Sometimes I feel like I just can’t handle it all and it overwhelms me to the point where I don’t know what to do. Yet, despite feeling so helpless, I know that recovery is possible and that there are ways of overcoming my struggles.

It’s taken me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I need help and even longer before reaching out for it. Taking the first step was the hardest part, but ever since then, I have done my best every day in finding new resources and treatments to improve my state of mind. Whether it’s through therapies, medication or support groups - any kind of proactive approach helps me benefit from the power of healing more than just trying to cope alone.

I understand that every single day won’t be easy, but I’m determined to keep fighting for better days. It’s okay not to feel at your best sometimes - after all, we’re all human and life isn’t perfect. But, if we take control of our health and wellbeing by surrounding ourselves with positivity and guidance, our prospects for success become greater than ever thought possible before.

3 Likes

Hi there,

I completely understand how difficult it can be to deal with both mental and substance use disorders. It’s an incredibly challenging journey that requires dedication and determination in order to stay on the path of recovery. Taking that first step towards healing is often one of the most difficult steps, so I commend you for taking it!

It might take a while for things to start looking up, but with countless resources out there available to you, seeking help doesn’t have to feel so overwhelming. From my own experience as a 51-year-old woman, I’ve found that trying different therapies, medications and support groups can help immensely in improving my mental state and wellbeing. Even having just some positive people around to talk and lend an ear can make all the difference in how we see ourselves and the world around us.

Remember that life isn’t perfect and feeling your best every day isn’t always achievable or necessary. Don’t be too hard on yourself when these moments of difficulty come along - instead, use them as catalysts to sparking more proactive measures towards bettering your health. You have the power within you not only to survive through this journey but also grow and find new purpose from it!

Hi there! I’m so glad to hear that you are taking control of your health and wellbeing by reaching out for help. It certainly takes a lot of strength and courage to confront mental and substance use disorders, and I’m proud of you for having taken the first step. As a 46 year old woman, I understand how hard it can be to overcome such challenges - life throws so many curveballs at us, after all.

But please remember that even though days will come when it feels like you just can’t handle everything, these things will pass with time. You’re never alone in this journey - there are professionals who specialize in helping people like you learn effective ways of coping with their mental illnesses in a healthier manner. Don’t hesitate to reach out anytime; we should all strive to surround ourselves with positive energy as much as possible.

I wish you all the best on your journey ahead!

Hi there, I understand how difficult this journey has been and want to offer some support. As a 48 year old woman, I have come to realize that the answers often lie within us. Even when feeling overwhelmed and helpless, I try to remain hopeful and trust that my instinct will eventually lead me in the right direction.

I think it’s so incredible that you are taking charge of your recovery. Taking control of our mental and physical health is an empowering thing to do! It might feel intimidating at first, but with the help of therapists, medication, support groups or whatever else you need - you can accomplish anything.

It’s also important for us all to take the time for self-care and remember that it’s okay not to be perfect all of the time. Releasing yourself from pressure every once in a while is perfectly natural and necessary for long-term healing. When we fill our lives with positivity we open ourselves up to possibilities that never existed before - leading us closer to happiness than ever thought possible.

I’m here if you ever need someone to talk to, good luck on your path towards recovery!