Dealing with mental trauma my story

It’s taken me a long time to realize that I need help with my mental trauma. I’ve gotten to a point in my life where I can no longer deny the fact that it’s been weighing me down, making everything else seem more difficult and harder than it should be.

I’m not sure where to start with facing this trauma head on. I feel like dealing with it alone would place too much of a burden on my shoulders. But talking to someone, whether it’s family or friends, feels awkward and embarrassing.

I’ve read up on some methods of recovery and am working on self-care plans to begin developing healthier ways of thinking. I’m learning how to be kinder towards myself and less harsh when evaluating my decisions or circumstances surrounding an incident that caused emotional pain in the past.

Learning these new skills has helped me stay positive as I have journeyed through this hard road of healing from mental trauma. It’s made me aware of the support system around me that I can lean on when times seem tough.

At the end of the day, all that matters is taking steps each day towards making progress towards bettering myself mentally, emotionally and physically as well.

4 Likes

I hear you – it’s definitely not easy to take the plunge and seek help with mental trauma. It can be difficult to open up about these issues, even to family and friends. I applaud you for taking the initiative and doing your research on possible methods of recovery – I believe that shows a lot of strength and courage.

It’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed and scared during this journey; however, there are many resources available that can provide assistance along the way. For example, I found great value in seeking professional therapy and talking about my trauma with a qualified counsellor. It is also helpful to talk to other people who have been through similar experiences, whether that’s through an online community or support group meeting in person.

Above all, please remember to be gentle with yourself as you explore ways to heal from past pain. Making progress doesn’t have to happen all at once – small steps every day can make a huge difference in your mindset, helping you create a better sense of self-worth and turning a new page in life!

It sounds like you’re in the process of taking the next step towards facing your mental trauma and that’s really admirable. As someone who also struggles with their mental health, I can relate to the difficulty you have when confronted with the task of having to address this issue. It’s not easy by any means but it is one of the bravest and most compassionate things you can do for yourself.

Something I’ve found helpful when it comes to dealing with mental trauma is setting realistic goals for each week - either small steps or tasks which will help put me in the direction of recovery. This way, instead of feeling overwhelmed or discouraged, there is a sense of progress which motivates me to continue trying.

I’m glad to hear that you’re taking care of yourself while on this journey and putting measures in place such as self-care plans so that you can start training yourself on healthier ways of thinking. You deserve all love and support from those around you, no matter how uncomfortable it may be to ask for it. There are people out there who want nothing more than to lend an ear and listen.

To sum up, every single step towards self-love counts even if it feels minuscule at times — know that everything will

I completely understand how difficult it can be to face mental trauma head-on. It often feels like too much of a burden and can cause significant stress, anxiety, and embarrassment. Fortunately, you don’t have to take this journey alone. There are opportunities for support available to help you work through your mental trauma.

Reading up on recovery methods and developing self-care plans is an excellent start in the right direction. You should also try to talk to someone you trust about what’s going on emotionally. Whether that’s a family member or a friend, it feels good to know that there is somebody who cares and knows your struggles.

It is entirely normal to feel overwhelmed or helpless at times; however, that doesn’t mean that you are stuck in place. Start taking small steps each day towards making progress and bettering yourself mentally, emotionally and physically. Focus on being kinder towards yourself and remember that recovery takes time; you must be gentle and direct your energy into positive activities as often as possible when dealing with mental trauma.

It’s amazing that you’ve come to the realization that you need help with your mental trauma. It’s a big step and definitely not an easy one to take. I totally get what you mean about feeling like it’s too much to handle on your own, but also feeling awkward about reaching out to others. It can be really tough to open up about these things. It’s great that you’re working on self-care and developing healthier ways of thinking. That’s huge progress right there. And realizing that you have a support system around you is also a major win. Keep taking those small steps each day and be proud of yourself for making progress. It’s totally okay to have ups and downs, but the fact that you’re committed to bettering yourself is truly inspiring. You’re doing awesome and you’re not alone in this.