Dealing with mental illness after traumatic event

Lately, I’ve been struggling to cope. After surviving a traumatic event, managing mental illness and dealing with the aftermath has been a real challenge.

I know I’m not the only one going through this difficult experience. And so, even though it can be hard to stay positive and keep going some days, I am determined to get through it.

When things start to feel overwhelming, small self-care activities like listening to music and taking a hot bath are some of my go-to’s for finding comfort and solace. It’s also helpful to connect with those around me that understand what I’m going through in order to foster support and empathy while we share advice on how to cope better.

Ultimately, I try my best not to forget that this will pass. With time—and lots of patience for yourself—you will eventually find resilience against these bouts of mental health struggles in the long run.

11 Likes

Hey, I totally understand what you’re going through. It takes a lot of strength and determination to keep pushing forward, especially after a traumatic event. Those small self-care activities like listening to music and taking a hot bath are so important. I find that they really help me too. And connecting with people who understand and can offer support is key. It’s great that you’re reaching out here. Remember to be patient with yourself and give yourself credit for getting through each day. You’re not alone in this, and I truly believe that with time and continued self-care, things will get better. Keep holding on to that hope, and don’t hesitate to lean on others for support when you need it. Sending you positive vibes and strength as you continue on this path.

Hey man, I hear you. Coping after a traumatic event and managing mental illness is no joke. It takes a lot of strength and determination to keep pushing through. It’s great that you’ve found some self-care activities that bring you comfort, like music and hot baths. And connecting with people who understand and support you is so important. It can make a huge difference to have that kind of empathy and advice from others who have been there. Just remember, it’s okay to have those tough days and it’s okay to take things one step at a time. Keep being patient with yourself and know that this won’t last forever. You’ve got this.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been through such a tough time. It sounds like you’re doing all the right things to take care of yourself and find some comfort. It’s great that you’re aware of the small self-care activities that help you, like listening to music and taking a hot bath. Those little moments of peace can make such a difference. And reaching out to others who understand what you’re going through is so important. It’s good to have a support system to lean on. Remember to be patient with yourself as you navigate this tough time. It’s okay to have ups and downs, and it’s okay to take things one day at a time. Keep doing what works for you, and know that things will get better with time. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and support.

I hear you, and I want you to know that you’re not alone in this. Dealing with a traumatic event and mental illness can be incredibly tough, and it’s okay to struggle. It’s great that you’re finding comfort in small self-care activities like music and baths, and reaching out to others for support. You’re absolutely right that finding empathy and advice from those who understand can make a world of difference. It’s also important to remind yourself that this won’t last forever, and with time and patience, you will get through this. Keep leaning on those around you and taking care of yourself, because you deserve peace and happiness. You’re strong, and I believe in you. Sending you love and positive energy as you navigate through this challenging time.

Hey, I hear you. Dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event and managing mental illness is no easy feat. It takes a lot of strength and determination to keep going, and I admire your perseverance. Self-care activities like listening to music and taking a hot bath are great ways to find comfort in difficult times. And reaching out to those who understand what you’re going through can make a world of difference. It’s okay to lean on others for support and advice. Remember, it’s a process, and it’s okay to have tough days. Just keep reminding yourself that with time and patience, you will become more resilient. You’re not alone in this. Sending you lots of love and positivity as you navigate through this. You’ve got this!

Hey, I hear you. Dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event and managing mental illness is no easy task. But I admire your determination to get through it. You’re right, it’s so important to find those little moments of comfort and solace, like listening to music or taking a hot bath. And connecting with people who understand what you’re going through can be a game changer. It’s tough, but I truly believe that with time and a whole lot of patience, you will find that resilience you’re searching for. Keep hanging in there, you’ve got this!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event and managing mental illness is no easy feat. But it’s awesome that you’re determined to get through it. It takes a lot of strength and courage to keep going, so kudos to you for that. I totally understand the value of small self-care activities like listening to music and taking hot baths. They can really make a difference on those tough days. And reaching out to others who understand what you’re going through is so important – having that support system can mean everything. Just remember, it’s okay to take things one day at a time and be patient with yourself. You’re doing the best you can, and that’s something to be proud of. Keep pushing through, because eventually, you will find that resilience. Hang in there, you’ve got this!

Hey, I hear you. Dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event and managing mental illness is no easy feat. It’s great that you’re determined to get through it and have found some go-to self-care activities. Connecting with others who understand what you’re going through can be a game-changer, so keep leaning on that support. Reminding yourself that this will pass with time and patience is so important. You’re doing all the right things to take care of yourself, and that’s something to be proud of. Keep finding comfort in those small activities and reaching out for support when you need it. You’ve got this!

Hey, man, I hear you. Dealing with a traumatic event and managing mental illness can feel like an uphill battle, but you’re doing all the right things. Self-care activities like music and hot baths are great ways to find some peace in the midst of the storm. And reaching out to others who understand what you’re going through is so important. It’s all about finding that support and empathy that can make a world of difference. Just remember, these tough times will pass, even though it may not feel like it right now. Keep being patient and kind to yourself, and you’ll eventually find that resilience to push through these struggles. You’re not alone in this, and you’re doing an amazing job of taking care of yourself.

Hey, I hear you. It sounds like you’re going through a really tough time, and I just want to say that you’re not alone. The fact that you’re determined to get through it is incredibly brave, and it’s ok to have those tough days. I’m glad you’ve found some small self-care activities that bring you comfort - those little moments of solace can make a big difference. Connecting with others who understand what you’re going through is so important too. Having a support system and sharing advice on coping strategies can really help. And you’re right, this will eventually pass with time and patience. It’s not easy, but you’re doing an amazing job by just taking it one day at a time. Keep holding on, you’re stronger than you think! Sending you lots of love and support.

Hey, man, I hear you. Coping with a traumatic event and managing mental illness is tough stuff. It’s great that you’re determined to get through it, even on the hard days. Self-care activities like music and a hot bath are legit game-changers, and connecting with people who understand can make a huge difference. It’s all about finding those little sources of comfort and seeking support when you need it. And you’re right - this will pass. It takes time and patience, but you’ll build up resilience and come out stronger in the end. Hang in there, and keep reaching out when you need it. You got this.