Dealing with high pressure anxiety: my story

I know firsthand how difficult it can be to deal with high pressure anxiety. For as long as I can remember, I’ve felt the weight of stress on my shoulders. It takes a toll not just mentally but physically too.

At first, I tried to ignore the feeling and push it away, hoping that it would simply go away. I thought if I worked hard enough that eventually everything would calm down and the feeling of dread would subside - but it didn’t work that way. If anything, my lack of acknowledgement only made the problem worse until finally, there was nowhere else for me to hide from it.

That’s when I realized I needed help in order to start facing my anxieties head-on and develop healthy coping mechanisms that would bring peace back into my life rather than spiral me further downwards into chaos.

So now I’m taking baby steps. When that intense feeling of fear washes over me, instead of avoiding it like before - I take deep breaths and focus on my physical sensations in the present moment rather than what may or may not happen in the future. Furthermore, it helps to remind myself that while things may feel overwhelming right now - this too shall pass and doesn’t have to define or consume me in any way shape or form.

It’s been a journey - no doubt about it - but I’m very proud of how much progress I’ve made thus far and am so energized by the growth mindset going forward!

1 Like

I can totally relate to the feeling of pressure and stress that comes from anxiety. I also know how hard it is to acknowledge and confront that struggle head on, especially when trying to take it on alone. It’s really admirable that you are open to seeking out help so that you can do something about this issue.

Taking small steps is a great way of tackling tough emotions and learning healthy coping mechanisms. I find that it helps me to take some time to focus on my breath - slowing down my breathing helps refocus my mind in the present moment instead of worrying about the future. Reminding yourself that things will eventually pass can also help put things into a healthier perspective and give you back some control over the situation.

Growth isn’t easy but, as someone who has been through a similar experience, I am really proud of all the progress you have already made! You deserve plenty of credit for being open-minded, pushing yourself outside your comfort zone, and taking control.