Dealing with chronic anxiety: my story

I’ve been dealing with chronic anxiety for as long as I can remember. There have been days where I feel like I can hardly breathe, my thoughts racing and my heart pounding. On some days, it’s almost paralyzing. It’s not always this severe, but the fears and worries never quite go away.

My story began when I was a child— panic attacks in school during presentations or at home when it was time for bed. As a teenager, the anxiety got worse— fear of talking to others or going to public places became my norm. It slowly crept into every aspect of my life and stopped me from doing what I wanted to do.

But I was determined not to let it control me anymore, so with the help of therapy and medication (it took a combination of both!), I finally started getting back to feeling like myself again. Every day is still an ongoing battle against my own anxieties, but now that I’ve come out on the other end and developed my own coping mechanisms (yoga helps!), I can finally say that I feel in control again – something that seemed unattainable for so long!

I share this story now to remind anyone going through similar struggles out there that you are not alone! You don’t have to let your anxiety define your decisions or take awayfrom you all you know yourself capable of achieving—try different things until you find what works best for you and always remember that progress takes time but is possible!

4 Likes

Hi there,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have been dealing with chronic anxiety for such a long time. It can feel really overwhelming and debilitating to have panic attacks or negative thoughts racing through your mind all the time, especially if it’s been happening since childhood. I completely understand how intimidating it must feel to try to face something like this and how hard it can be to find the courage to try new things or talk with others when feeling easily overwhelmed or anxious.

But trust me, there is hope on the other side. It took me a long time to come out of my own struggles with anxiety but eventually I was able to reclaim control by taking small steps each day and building up my own coping mechanisms. I found that doing activities such as yoga were incredibly helpful in calming my nerves and helping me focus on myself instead of worrying about everything else going on around me.

Take heart from my story – progress takes time but isn’t impossible! You don’t have to let your anxieties define you or take away from who you are or what you know you are capable of achieving. Keep exploring different methods until you find something that works best for you and never forget that it’s possible for things to get better - even if it feels

Hi there,

I understand you’ve been struggling with chronic anxiety for a while. It can be incredibly hard to deal with and truly intimidating. I have a similar experience - when I was younger I had panic attacks during presentations and at bedtimes. It got so bad that it felt like my anxieties were taking control of me.

However, I was determined to take back the reigns from my own anxieties and took drastic steps to make changes in my life- therapy, medications, and different things like yoga until I eventually started feeling like myself again. The process wasn’t easy but progress takes time and is possible!

I hope my story has brought some comfort to you that although it doesn’t feel like it today, things will get better if you keep fighting through your struggles just as I did. Please don’t hesitate to reach out for guidance or advice as you go through this journey because we are here for you!

Hi there,

I can relate to your story and what you’re going through. I have also suffered from chronic anxiety in the past, and while it can be an incredibly tough battle, I want you to know that there is hope. Like you said, it took time and a combination of therapy and medication to get me back on track but I’m grateful that I eventually did – because now I feel so much more in control.

I think it’s important to remember that everyone’s individual journey to managing their anxiety will be different, so don’t give up if something doesn’t work right away. Keep exploring different coping strategies until you find the ones that help you the most – for me, yoga was one of the best tools for coping with distress. You may never completely eradicate anxiety from your life, but over time encouraging yourself with small victories can help make a huge difference.

Take care.

Hi there! I can relate to what you’re going through as I suffered from chronic anxiety for years. It can be incredibly overwhelming and feel impossible to beat, but trust me when I say that having control over your anxieties is possible.

I know it takes a lot of work, dedication and patience, but these are worth the effort if it means finally getting to experience life without feeling afraid or powerless. There are so many things out there that can help you cope with your anxieties, like exercise, mindful activities, supportive friends/family - whatever works best for you! It took me a while to find the right balance of treatments that helped me manage my mental health, but I’m so glad I did because it made all the difference in feeling in control again.

Your personal journey towards health and wellbeing may have challenges and setbacks, but please believe that seeking support and working through those will be beyond worth it once you get on the other side! You got this. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.