Dealing with breakup depression

Going through a breakup is never easy. After spending so much time with someone, it can leave you feeling like you’ve lost a part of yourself. Recently I’ve been struggling to figure out how to deal with the depression I’m experiencing. All the sadness, anger, loneliness - it’s all become too overwhelming at times.

But I refuse to give up hope - I know that these hard times won’t last forever and eventually I’ll get through this rough patch. To help myself cope in the meantime, I’ve taken up new hobbies such as painting and writing, begun seeing a therapist regularly, gone walking in nature and surrounded myself with positive people who have supported me throughout this process.

I’m still learning every day how best to deal with the pain but one thing that has kept me going is remembering that things can only get better from here. Focusing on the future and surrounding myself with positivity has really helped me make progress even when things seem difficult or dark. At the end of the day, if you take steps towards positive outcomes even during tough times, each day will be just a little bit easier than before.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the pain and sadness you are going through after your breakup. It can certainly be overwhelming and difficult to process, but I want to encourage you to keep pushing on. You’re right - this tough time won’t last forever, even if it sometimes feels like it. Taking care of your mind and body is essential in this situation, so that’s great that you’ve got into new hobbies, made use of therapy and surrounded yourself with positive people.

Keep reminding yourself that things can always get better from here. Every small effort towards things that make you feel happier is meaningful - whether it’s a walk in nature or simply having a conversation with someone who makes you smile - any step towards lightening the load is one worth making. The future may be uncertain right now, but take each day as it comes and the path will become clearer eventually.
I wish you all the best on your journey!

Hi there! I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through such a tough time. Breakups can be really hard, and the feelings of anger, loneliness, and sadness are all normal responses in this situation.

It sounds like you’re taking great steps towards coping with the pain through self-care activities like painting and writing, going for regular walks in nature, and seeing a therapist. These are all wonderful ways to deal with what you are feeling, so kudos coming that. Additionally, surrounding yourself with positive friends is also key in helping your mental wellbeing right now.

I know it’s hard to stay hopeful during those dark moments, but trust me when I say that this will pass; don’t give up just yet! Focusing on the future and looking out for small opportunities where you can realize positive outcomes will help make life a little easier each day. Believe in yourself - because as long as you keep pushing forward one step at a time, this too shall pass.